ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new wall ...

Go down 
+3
James Reed
kylevh21
MikeWilson
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

My new wall ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 2:52 am

Just keep doing your thing. Once people see and hear your setup i think there will be a few more "daily" walls around. Shoot half the field in the late 90s and early 2000's were daily walls. Just not that many die hard spl people around here anymore.
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:57 am

I'm thinking of a wall in my truck and get my bed back lol still planing

Last edited by demented on Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:24 pm

James Reed wrote:
THEMEMPHISFORCE wrote:
I just think it is funny how people assume you are an idiot and dont know shit.

I like when people try to talk shit then back out saying the walled car is "stupid", not the person that built one in their daily ride. Same thing in my book. Your saying they are stupid for doing a "stupid" daily driver wall. Don't try to sugar coat it now. I know you know some "shit". The back-up cam was a joke. but don't try talk crap saying a daily driver walled car is stupid, Not the person that put the time, money and hard work to build something that might not be your idea of cool. I could easily say doing a tuned up ricer is "stupid" but your not stupid for doing it. Your car is just stupid. Does not make it any nicer to say, does it? You thought it was cool, spent your time, money and hard work to build what you thought was cool. Point is don't try to talk shit then try to make yourself look better. Guess that whole If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything nice at all might needs to be givin another thought.

I know what you mean, but if someone posts there build and asked "hey guys tell me what you think" then you have to expect to get replies from both sides. And I have had people tell me that they think my build is stupid, I don't care, it doesn't bother me, isn't going to make me rip it out of the car, I make the payment, so I decide what I can and cant do with it, not someone else. And James seriously I am not trying to make this an internet argument.... I get your point....... the idea of what he did is what I think is stupid, not him, those are not the same, just like a buddy of mine came up to me and asked me, should I put a V8 in my 4 cyl front wheel drive car, I said no that is stupid, don't do that, get a different car instead of wasting all that time and money, I don't know how else to explain it, I think you took what I said the wrong way, like I was name calling at him or something,,,,,, and end of rant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Yeah he asked, but what about constructive criticism? Or just saying not my taste, but nice effort? Saying it is stupid could be implied as more than just towards his hard work. Some times just a little thought before you hit send can be worth a lot. I know i am guilty of it too. Some things i said in text may be takin out of proportion. Not necessarily the way they were intended to.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:55 pm

well after all of what everyone has to say i think you did a great job on it and still cant wait to see and hear it
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:26 pm

x2
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Doin those side panels are gonna be ... tricky, and its why I havent done them yet... Time consuming, not really ... I'm just a little unclear as to how I should do them with a big fricken unmoveable seatbelt buckle holder in the way, and a very useable quarter panel window I can use to see out of on my left side ...

I'm thinking of just extending the side trim up enough to get my speaker mounts ... but thats it, because I "need" to get those midranges off the floor of the car... The wires pull out constantly ... They sound like garbage, and ... just ... well... plain f-cking garbage without an enclosure... Throwing off the whole sound stage of the vehicle... its just ... Mad AGhh driving me nutty thinking about it, really...
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:44 am

well where ever you go just dont park where you have to back up lol and doing panels can be hard but once you get one done your half way done lol hope i make the next show so i can hear it
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:58 pm

x2
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 pm

I have to back up in parking lots all the time ...

I follow this general rule ::

"Look twice, move a foot.... Wait, Look twice again, then move another foot."

So far I still have the same blind spots ... the same problems I had before I put the wall in... So its nothing really new... (Cant see around other vehicles yanno?)

I'm "planning" on going to the El Dorado show ... that little road trip should be most interesting. I will be pissed if they've moved the location like they did the LR show without posting the correct address on the USACi site. I do "not" want to drive 3 hours to end up being angry because of not finding it.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:56 pm

is that the one this sunday? i wont make that one since the 18 is dead. ill be spending the day building
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:59 pm

MikeWilson wrote:
I have to back up in parking lots all the time ...

I follow this general rule ::

"Look twice, move a foot.... Wait, Look twice again, then move another foot."

So far I still have the same blind spots ... the same problems I had before I put the wall in... So its nothing really new... (Cant see around other vehicles yanno?)

I'm "planning" on going to the El Dorado show ... that little road trip should be most interesting. I will be pissed if they've moved the location like they did the LR show without posting the correct address on the USACi site. I do "not" want to drive 3 hours to end up being angry because of not finding it.

call before going
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:35 am

thats a good rule , my rule is they have brakes they can stop lol
and yea music mart moved about a year ago sucks that you came all the way to not find it i have to work this weekend so wont make that show
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm ready for a local show
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 am

my local would be better conway
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:45 am

demented wrote:

call before going

Even if I had during the little rock show, no one answered, the phone number wasn't updated either.

But since I'm unable to find anyone willing to go with me on this little venture, I'm seriously contemplating removing that passenger seat for a better number ... Plus, I look forward to the trip.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:18 am

is it this sunday?
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:32 am

Yep, this sunday...
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:10 am

MikeWilson wrote:
demented wrote:

call before going

Even if I had during the little rock show, no one answered, the phone number wasn't updated either.

But since I'm unable to find anyone willing to go with me on this little venture, I'm seriously contemplating removing that passenger seat for a better number ... Plus, I look forward to the trip.

I think you have to keep it in, unless your in the supermod class.. not completely sure though
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:43 am

well he did remove his back seat for the box so i dont see why he cant take his front seat out
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:41 pm

I was already in the supermod class just for having the wall...plus having it extend to the B-pillar ... That wasnt a part of my original design, but it happened that way in the end... so I have free-range to dispose of my passenger seat as I please. ... I think my shop could use a seat for me to sit in when Im waiting for fiberglass to dry or something Razz Cool
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:42 pm

its always a weird feeling to sit on the seat that is supposed to be the drivers seat and look at the outside of the car
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:35 am

yea ill have to try that sometime
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:11 am

So uh ... I just realized yesterday I made a goof in the wiring ...

I had my subs wired in series ... which gave a total resting DC resistance of 3.8 ohms at the amplifier ... and an MA HK2000D is rated at 750 @ 4ohms at 14v ... This setup is proving itself to be astonishingly efficient given the fact that it was wired that way for the show in El Dorado... 0.o But it also explains that abominal sound I get in the 20 - 30hz range that I this setup was designed for ... Hopefully rewiring should fix my output and SQ

Theoretically I should be able to see an increase of about 1.5 - 2 db if I can figure out the way to wire them down to one ohm without even upgrading any electricals ... But I ever-so desperately need to do that still >_< I'm liking what I see so far though ... This setup should "easily" be touching the 150's for daily driving when the electricals get upgraded. ... When the subs actually get more than 300w RMS a piece Laughing
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 4:52 pm

MikeWilson wrote:
So uh ... I just realized yesterday I made a goof in the wiring ...

I had my subs wired in series ... which gave a total resting DC resistance of 3.8 ohms at the amplifier ... and an MA HK2000D is rated at 750 @ 4ohms at 14v ... This setup is proving itself to be astonishingly efficient given the fact that it was wired that way for the show in El Dorado... 0.o But it also explains that abominal sound I get in the 20 - 30hz range that I this setup was designed for ... Hopefully rewiring should fix my output and SQ

Theoretically I should be able to see an increase of about 1.5 - 2 db if I can figure out the way to wire them down to one ohm without even upgrading any electricals ... But I ever-so desperately need to do that still >_< I'm liking what I see so far though ... This setup should "easily" be touching the 150's for daily driving when the electricals get upgraded. ... When the subs actually get more than 300w RMS a piece Laughing

If I am following you correctly, and I can only assume at this point, they are dual voice coil 2 ohm subs, so in series you would see the 4 ohms like you did and in parallel, they would be 1 ohm, which if you are running one amp on each sub that is fine, but if you are using the MA amp for both subs and it is a mono amp, which I assume again it is, since it is a class D amp, then you would be seeing 1/2 ohm on the amp, so you can only run it "efficiently" on the way you had it wired. Otherwise be ready to see stuff blow, like fuses. LOL Unless, that MA amp is 1/2 stable, which there aren't many amps out there that are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new wall ...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next