ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new wall ...

Go down 
+3
James Reed
kylevh21
MikeWilson
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:42 pm

Essentially from start to finish ... I have the box construction photos but didnt figure they'd be worth showing ...

My new wall ... 15326_1229152842119_1028010366_31035710_244286_n
My new wall ... 26572_1230136706715_1028010366_31038224_967057_n
My new wall ... 26572_1230135986697_1028010366_31038221_1173005_n

All in all, not a bad result from a project that started Sunday...

From what I'm hearing and feeling, its already pushin into the mid 140's (somewhere between 38 - 43hz) on a single MA HK2000D and stock power .... Not quite pulling a hair trick ... but it does bow out the windows on most buildings when I drive by What a Face . It's not an SPL setup; I've always valued daily driving power and SQ over SPL for my personal builds.

I'm fairly certain that I'll be making it to the show in Little Rock this upcoming sunday ... so if anyone here wants to hear it, I'll be there.

Tell me whatcha think folks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:44 am

looks great cant wait to hear just hope the show is in conway so i can make it
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:24 am

When's a show in Conway? Shocked

The earliest that I'm aware of is the Motor Sports Authority show at the highschool on June 5th ... I'm hoping Jeff will have an AR SPL event there like he did last year...
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:08 pm

i think the next one is conway but dont hold me to it but ill try to make both
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:40 pm

I heard both conway and searcy being thrown around for the next one. Guess we will just have too see. either way i hope it is decided and put out soon. Sooner it is announced the better chance of more contestants.
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:55 pm

i am planing one with audio envy in searcy like last year but will be like in late july early aug
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:26 pm

thats going to be a killer show
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:37 pm

yea we hope trying to make it bigger than last year Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:51 am

What I honestly think, I don't like it, I think it is stupid to put a wall in a car you drive daily, but that is just me. And a wall is not what I would select for an SQ setup. But the fact you did it on your own is awesome. Not bad. Just my 2 cents!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:28 am

well telling me to do a wall in my daily driver isnt stupid? i think anything you build and put hard work into shouldnt matter what other people think shouldnt change what you already done i did a box for street beat if i wanted a spl set up and get loud i would but not in my daily driver i want that feeling of someone pulling beside me and thinking they re louder until they hear and feel my shit lol lol lol bitches
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:50 pm

kylevh21 wrote:
well telling me to do a wall in my daily driver isnt stupid? i think anything you build and put hard work into shouldnt matter what other people think shouldnt change what you already done i did a box for street beat if i wanted a spl set up and get loud i would but not in my daily driver i want that feeling of someone pulling beside me and thinking they re louder until they hear and feel my shit lol lol lol bitches

First off, he asked, so I told him what I thought, he says in his first post, tell me whatcha think.....

And in your car it isn't stupid because of what you have, you have an SUV, I should have said, I think it is stupid to wall a car that you DD.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:36 am

true like that one kid in db for dollars he had a honda walled off with kicker done by audio express and went to back up and kept running in to people lol

still cant wait to hear the evo
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:11 am

i would do a wall if i could. i have always wanted to but i have never been able too.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:55 pm

kylevh21 wrote:
true like that one kid in db for dollars he had a honda walled off with kicker done by audio express and went to back up and kept running in to people lol

Yeah the kid with the 4 L7's of whatever they where, I was like, what an idiot, you wall a car you drive all the time, you wall an SPL only car!!!!! And the evo is gonna be bangin!!!! I just need to find some time to finish the sub box!!!!
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:21 pm

i am in the process of sanding, sanding, and then more sanding. Oh and I have more sanding to do. lol it sucks.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:37 pm

THEMEMPHISFORCE wrote:
kylevh21 wrote:

Yeah the kid with the 4 L7's of whatever they where, I was like, what an idiot, you wall a car you drive all the time, you wall an SPL only car!!!!! And the evo is gonna be bangin!!!! I just need to find some time to finish the sub box!!!!

Ive had a walled daily driver. Does that make me stupid? There is this really cool thing, its called a BACK-UP CAMERA. If someone wants to wall a daily ride thats there prerogative. I personally think its cool. Takes a lot of work and the effort and should be applauded.
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:10 am

I'm with u James,i think that when someone post there system on here is to get good feed back or maybe some ideas on how to improve not to be talked down to, even if it's just ur 2 sense "just my 2 sense"  That is one of the reasons people stop posting or putting up there systems for other to judge, we all like different things that doesn't give us the right to talk others down again my 2 sense  out
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:38 am

Okay fellas, again, he asked I said what I thought, I don't like it. And James no it's doesn't make you stupid, I never said he was stupid, I said walled a DD car is stupid not the person doing it. If you don't understand, then I don't know what else to say.....And I know what a backup camera is I have one on my evo, this ain't my first rodeo.....
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 6:11 am

cant we all just get along lol
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:34 am

thats the 2nd time in two days that i have heard this ain't ny first rodeo. i went from never hearing it to twice lol
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:23 pm

I just think it is funny how people assume you are an idiot and dont know shit.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:44 pm

THEMEMPHISFORCE wrote:
I just think it is funny how people assume you are an idiot and dont know shit.

I like when people try to talk shit then back out saying the walled car is "stupid", not the person that built one in their daily ride. Same thing in my book. Your saying they are stupid for doing a "stupid" daily driver wall. Don't try to sugar coat it now. I know you know some "shit". The back-up cam was a joke. but don't try talk crap saying a daily driver walled car is stupid, Not the person that put the time, money and hard work to build something that might not be your idea of cool. I could easily say doing a tuned up ricer is "stupid" but your not stupid for doing it. Your car is just stupid. Does not make it any nicer to say, does it? You thought it was cool, spent your time, money and hard work to build what you thought was cool. Point is don't try to talk shit then try to make yourself look better. Guess that whole If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything nice at all might needs to be givin another thought.

Last edited by James Reed on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:48 pm

All right lets not turn this into usaci I read the forum to see what everyone has been up to not to hear a bunch of bickering.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:55 pm

OH i can agree. I think demented said it the best. We should be helping and motivating each other. Sorry for my bit of a rant, just trying to make my point clear.
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:29 am

@ THEMEMPHISFORCE:

Building it .... downright... fucking sucked. There was a point at which I had a drop fiberglass resin come back into my eye. My goal was to have it done in a week ... And I completed that about 4 days ahead of schedule. I ran in to a few problems with the measurements, which caused a few of the acoustic properties to be slightly off my original design. Honestly, I tend to agree that the wall is not really a practical kind of build, for a practical person, but at the same time, I'm not the usual kind of guy, and theres something mightily appealing to me about being able to bellow out 25hz notes at retarded amounts of pressure, and sounding good while doing it. (If anyone attended the Batesville show, and actually sat in my car with those 10's I was running, they would've heard them drop well into the teens with considerable force... but that's another story for another post lol)... Anyhows, I see where your coming from. I made my little concept into a reality, and I'm "Very" impressed with how it sounds, even after having to change the design from the original.

@ James Reed:

I second the back-up camera notion, but on top of that, wide angled side mirrors. So far I've not had any trouble at all backing out and whatnot without these items. (I've been too broke to afford them but do plan on making those purchases before electrical upgrades and such)

@ Taco:

Lol @ the USACi forum reference. Laughing

@ Kylevh:

Just aint nothin like bowin out windows on buildings as you drive by ... even with my whimpy electrical setup now, it still has a decent amount of good sounding push to it. I can't wait until I actually get a HO alt, a bigger amp, and upgraded wire, and another battery. Simply stated: With such a shoddy, neglected electrical system for the time being, I am still amazed at the performance level its delivering.

--------------

Obviously, it still has alot of work that needs to be done.

But, once the electrical upgrades start taking place, a 150+ for daily beating is whats expected. ( Those two subs did meter 151.8 at the dash at 38hz in my ole ford taurus ... and that was only a half wall ... so this smaller cabin space is very beneficial ) I'd like to see a hair trick be done ... but I don't think its going to happen, even at full tilt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new wall ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new wall ...   My new wall ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new wall ...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next