ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

playing in the trunk

Go down 
+9
solo1
bangincrx
Tha Pope
sweep
rob t
James Reed
fritosaregood
AMI CUSTOMS
demented
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

playing in the trunk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:33 pm

It's all good man he cracked me up saying he didnt know how to make the flare lmao. My name. Is Brad yall can call me at anytime 662-902-8050
It's easy to tell him better on the phone
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:57 pm

I have never used flared round ports either and I have always done decent numbers. I always model all the different port areas in a computer and everyone that I have built, the computer told me what was optimal. I can model 10 different ports in under five minutes, it would take me all day to do that in a box, test, cut, test, cut. Been there done that. Now granted you have to have a little know how so if the computer sometimes gives something that doesn't look right, you got a number messed up somewhere. And just as an example, with my wall, I had the spl port done in about 5 minutes, the third one I came up with that I settled on, was the loudest on the computer and loudest in the vehicle.

And just in case you are wondering, James had his doubts about the computer data, so we made a few different ports, that we "thought" would be better, they were all lower on the score, some were close, but some were almost a full db lower.

Last edited by AMI CUSTOMS on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:59 pm

hmm.. so the usaci record for trunk 0-1000 is only a 154.3.. I did that out of the honda, but i had my rear deck cut.. I think i may find another accord sometime with a rear deck and see if i can get the score out of it. alot easier than winning the superstock record, haha
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:01 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
I have never used flared round ports either and I have always done decent numbers. I always model all the different port areas in a computer and everyone that I have built, the computer told me what was optimal. I can model 10 different ports in under five minutes, it would take me all day to do that in a box, test, cut, test, cut. Been there done that. Now granted you have to have a little know how so if the computer sometimes gives something that doesn't look right, you got a number messed up somewhere.

its really easy thought if your using round ports to test and test with different lengths and number of ports. as long as they stay external so it doesnt affect the box volume. It will also get you a little extra that a computer cant tell you.
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Can you foam everything up in that class? I think that is one thing that really helps you with your car.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:12 pm

rob t wrote:
Can you foam everything up in that class? I think that is one thing that really helps you with your car.

i was just about to look that up, haha
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Ok first the computer mite get u in the right direction don't think so. Let me explain your trying to find out what the car wants in Hz term. If u have a crx it should peak around 64 to 67 if u tell the computer to run 64 Hz the box is going to try to peak at 69 to 70 an that want work. There is a BIG difference in PEAK an just a Hz u put in a computer an no two cars r the same NO TWO cars r the same. Real box testing takes weeks not 5 min real car testing takes months. There is no way a computer can hit right on money first how do u know what. Hz the car wants well u don't until u TEST it.an there is a BIG difference between a street play an spl box total difference.
As far as ports in or out or haf an haf depend on how big the box is. U biuld it. As small as u can if its a little
big the port will want to be in the box agin something u haf to test.
As far as 0-1000 trunk chilly just hit a 156.2 no one in the car two x 12s on two 5.0s sick number it will be a new record set this year prob by Chris fish he's almost doing 57 un man
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:24 pm

sweep wrote:
Ok first the computer mite get u in the right direction don't think so. Let me explain your trying to find out what the car wants in Hz term. If u have a crx it should peak around 64 to 67 if u tell the computer to run 64 Hz the box is going to try to peak at 69 to 70 an that want work. There is a BIG difference in PEAK an just a Hz u put in a computer an no two cars r the same NO TWO cars r the same. Real box testing takes weeks not 5 min real car testing takes months. There is no way a computer can hit right on money first how do u know what. Hz the car wants well u don't until u TEST it.an there is a BIG difference between a street play an spl box total difference.
As far as ports in or out or haf an haf depend on how big the box is. U biuld it. As small as u can if its a little
big the port will want to be in the box agin something u haf to test.
As far as 0-1000 trunk chilly just hit a 156.2 no one in the car two x 12s on two 5.0s sick number it will be a new record set this year prob by Chris fish he's almost doing 57 un man

how are 2 5k amps in 0-1000?
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:43 pm

There not I dint use that one 5k want fit . I can play a louder num on two kx 1200 thay will fit but two d5s would be the ticket iv got those to just haven't put them in yet . That's for 2011
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:51 pm

the actual volume of a vechile can be tested by doing a triple integral which is much easier to be done on a computer this will let you knoow how much air space is displaced and how much is still around so that when the box is simulated within the computer as been put in it will subtract the actual volume from the true calculations and if the experiment numbers are as ppl have told be for figuring the hz of the vichile true about the 1\4 wavelength rule then that give a very good chance that the number your measureing is close i always do my math a little lower then trying to measure it at actually the number because as anybody knows the real world and the mathamatical world are similar but not the same. computers are handy to work with but i like spending hours doing the actual derivations myself and doing the testing on note book. Because i dont have the ppl backing me to where i can spend a cent over what i want to. school cost way to much for me to be testing all these little things but im open to the knowledge of everyone becuase i will use this knowledge soon and do a big number in my car. my biggest question for you usaci guys is what is considered mulnipulating the mic when i dont get to touch the mic how am i able to change anything to it. all i do is built to satify the mics likes. whats so wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:12 am

If u have two 1991 crx an there both si u biuld a box drop it in one see what it dose take it out an put it on tha other the number will NOT be the same. Every thing matters testing takes months even years. Loud an clear has done 0-600 last 3 years same car same equipment but thay get louder an louder mmmmmmmm . I'm not saying spend for ever on your car do the computer thing then pm me ill get u a box to try spend a day or two an u should be louder. First slot ports don't cut it in stock go to usaci iesca meca drag an see . If your computer tells u to do do 48 Hz an u peak on a TL at 56 if u biuld that same box to 54 Hz an u will be louder using slot ports that could take a min .
When u cloud the Mic it creates a pocket that traps presher sitting on the Mic two different ways should be different numbers that's why u can't do it in usaci . But there is other ways to get it back an that's car testing
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:35 am

no two cars meter the same on the point because the material may be of the same kind but not of the same sheet different sheets may have different iron or steel level with in the atom im not fighting you on anything her man i understand what your saying. it just hard for me to see how a port stuck in a box with no air directional guide can produce a better sound then a air guided port ie slots its hard for my mind to wrap around that nature btw ive never hugged my mic last time i tested in my car was about two weeks ago and i did a 145.6 in my kick with nothing but me and my driver seat in the car everything else is ripped out of it and the subs were in a 3.5 cu box faceing up in the truck port was also facing up and it seems to be as long as i leave the box in my trunk the car likes 45 hz which is what was metering on the tl other then that my lastest testing has been on sealing my car.
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:36 am

I am loving all this new info Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:36 am

Guys I'm not being a Dick. I know a lot of people that uses computer for street play but never spl if it works like yall say yall r sitting on a goal mine it would take off about a month an a haf of work yall need to let the rest of the world know lol get on usaci fourm an talk about that
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:37 am

lol my biggest prob with my car right now is everytime i turn up my amps and it hits my radio shuts off lol
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:39 am

we don't see you being like that, we just like to ask a lot of questions. Smile
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:40 am

stop hitting the power button when you burp
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:43 am

ive never used the computer for spl. im just saying in my mind if you measure the volume of the cabin in which you wish to pressurize and figure out the force reccomened to do the number you like by changeing dbs in to w/m^2 and then take the w/m^2 and change that in to newtons which im still derviving the equation for the consistency of the sub can be figured out for how much power will be needed to achieve this score question is how do i seal my car off. cuase with the constant release of air and pressure the ultimate score will never be reached.
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:44 am

yeah i fire back only to see what ur saying in detail and see the pros and con of the stuff you say
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:45 am

rob i wish that was the problem
Back to top Go down
bangincrx
Rookie
Rookie
bangincrx

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:52 am

Take the radio out of the dash problem solved...as far as the computer thing I'd have to see this done. For street beatin I bet its great. Spl not so much. And who cares what it sounds like? Spl vehicles are what I like to call one note wonders.. but hey what do I know I'm not loud!!
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:52 am

Ok if your slot port was I don't know 8in long at 45hz .how do you know that of u were 7in long u wouldn't be louder ? An if u did a 145.6 with no one on Mic if someone like terry sat on Mic it would be a 1 to 1.5 db increase .
I can tell this a flare will spull the pesher up a slot dosnt the flare will hold it a haf sec more for extra loading u will get more presher out of the port than the sub cone that's were your power comes from
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:54 am

ive heard this term loading before plz explain this
Back to top Go down
bangincrx
Rookie
Rookie
bangincrx

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:00 am

It's all about getting pressure to the Mic as fast as possible.. the flare is smooth and there aren't any restrictions for the air to flow. And yes I know you can round.the edges of slots and.make it to where its smooth but just think about the 2 aero posts just make more sense
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:00 am

If your radio is skipping pull it out of dash an hold that's what u should do any way if it is cutting off u have a volt problem if your stereo isn't working right get it fix no sins on testing when u can't get a good num
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

playing in the trunk
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARKANSAS SPL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: