ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

playing in the trunk

Go down 
+9
solo1
bangincrx
Tha Pope
sweep
rob t
James Reed
fritosaregood
AMI CUSTOMS
demented
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

playing in the trunk Empty
PostSubject: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:16 pm

ok let me hear what you have because i need help. and i want to start my new build just not sure what size to go with this next year.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Do 4 15's walled end of thread/ LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:52 pm

demented wrote:
ok let me hear what you have because i need help. and i want to start my new build just not sure what size to go with this next year.

I had good luck with subs and port back, if its 10s or 12s. Subs forward port drivers side in the rear behind the wheel well, if its 10s or 12s.

then sub forward port forward, sealed off, and pushed back as far as possible. thats what ive got my highest score with so far.

Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:03 pm

Tony did you ever try subs up port back?
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:09 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:

My 18 box was, the one at finals and the one ive used since this summer, but it wasnt in the trunk.
on the back seat it does alright, but in smaller test i was louder with subs forward port back.

in the trunk I had a box for a 15 that was sub up and port forward, and it did a 150.1 i think. when i turned it around it was only a 149.8ish, not over a 50
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:44 pm

with everything out of my car and my last enclosure in before we blew my 18 it hit a 153 something in the trunk facing forward with port forward just dont know where to go right now im running some ideas but nothing works for me in my head maybe if i build it they will come.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 5:20 pm

fritosaregood wrote:
AMI CUSTOMS wrote:

My 18 box was, the one at finals and the one ive used since this summer, but it wasnt in the trunk.
on the back seat it does alright, but in smaller test i was louder with subs forward port back.

in the trunk I had a box for a 15 that was sub up and port forward, and it did a 150.1 i think. when i turned it around it was only a 149.8ish, not over a 50

You ever consider the tuning could also be effecting the same enclosure in different configurations?
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 5:23 pm

demented wrote:
with everything out of my car and my last enclosure in before we blew my 18 it hit a 153 something in the trunk facing forward with port forward just dont know where to go right now im running some ideas but nothing works for me in my head maybe if i build it they will come.

The first thing you need to do is figure out the gear your going to run. Then you will know how much space you are going to have to take up for enclosure and port area. Then you can see what configuration will best suit the situation.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 5:48 pm

James Reed wrote:
fritosaregood wrote:
AMI CUSTOMS wrote:

You ever consider the tuning could also be effecting the same enclosure in different configurations?

it could be, but all of those setups got louder when i tuned higher too, except for with my 18, it kept peaking lower
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 6:03 pm

let me know if you need some help matt
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 6:14 pm

help
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 6:30 pm

demented wrote:
help

What happen to the 18? You get it reconed?
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:01 pm

not yet
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:37 pm

If u have a lot of room id do four 10s subs up ports back 4 , 4in ports in tha box a few like subs up ports to side. If height is a problem id do two 12s subs an ports forword two 4in or one 6in. Chris runs a dodge neon in street c he has one 12 sub an port forword sealed off from trunk doing sick numbers legal don't know how he's pulling that off no one else can
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:02 pm

The trunk is a different animal the subs use the box an trunk to load up it aks like a bandpass that's why its hard to get a trunk loud only a few trunk cars can get sick loud
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:06 pm

unless you take the truck volume into the equation. then you can design the whole truck as a large 4th order.
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:20 pm

That would be a bitch but maybe. I'll leave that to someone else lol
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:12 pm

i know nothing of bandpass and really dont understand how they work. it makes a little sense when i apply it like a pipe organ with a closed end if you can get the wave to hit at a resonant freq then it should sound good question i have is what freq would the sub like to be tuned to in a box like that and also would it be better to add a longer port on the where the back of the subs can breath so that they both sound off at the same freq when exiting the box. and yes i know most bandpass boxes do not have two ports one for front of subs and one for back. the best thing that i know is that as long as i stay in the trunk the rules dont matter and i can do any mods i like to that piece and @andrew you did a great job on four 18s that wont fit in my truck and have correct air space. my trunk has about 10 cu of air space and plenty of manuverning room i just wonder would 6 tens facing forward in a trunk with a 6 inch slot port beside them humm.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:33 pm

bounce
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:06 am

maybe you should consider less subs more power. this will allow for more robust subs. anything you do 2 subs in the correct enclosure will be louder than 6 subs in the wrong box.
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:45 am

Man dude u need to try to get away from slot ports I don't even know how your tuning that thing. Iv played with a lot of bandpass a 4th order is when the sub is in a sealed box it uses the con to load up usealy on a wall through a opening a 6th order is when u u use the front an back of sub to load up the more subs u use the more of a bitch it is .
A 6th order is louder but a 4th order is easiest to work with
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:50 pm

ive never truly tuned a box i usally just stick subs in a box and let it play it sounds good to my ear i use it other then that ive never tried to get bigger numbers out of a box till now plus i use slot ports because i know no other way to do it ive never messed with circles because ive never had a router and i am not a carpender hell as some of these guys know i cant cut a straight line with a table saw. more or less use a jig to cut a circle and then what stick a piece of pvc pipe in the hole how do you get the flare of the pipe. questions like these are whats going on in my mind.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

If your wood working is only up to that level and you have no idea of how tuning truly works a bandpass is not something to even try right now. Go with a more simple bass reflex design and start learning the basics of tuning it to the vehicle. That is not done by ear. Remember when I brought up measuring wave path to find resonant of the vehicle?
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Lol yea stay away from a bandpass true dat . Ok u don't haf to be a good carpenter biuld a box for what ever say two 10s use 4in pvc thin wall 10ft is about 8 bucks cut it up in 12in sticks put one in find Hz record num add another find Hz keep going till it looses if u do three but two were louder go back to two.then cut 1in find Hz record keep going till no gain if u do a 155.9 at 9in an a 155.1 at 8in go back to 9in then u order the flare from persigan port there about 20$ for one 4in if your loudest at 9in do 9 flare to flare u don't make a flare unless u go over 6in there easy to use an louder I start out with pvc cuz its cheaper than cutting up the flare. Any more questions let me know o yea sorry about spelling in a rush
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:55 pm

He has alot of knowlegde about sound, just needs alittle help with the boxes. Heck I get confused sometime because of the details he knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: playing in the trunk   playing in the trunk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

playing in the trunk
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARKANSAS SPL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: