ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new setup, for now

Go down 
+5
kylevh21
Jeff Sanford
jonatan
rob t
fritosaregood
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

My new setup, for now - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:23 pm

MikeWilson wrote:
I would've loved to have heard that ...

if its not raining after the next show, ill do some demoing
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:23 pm

kylevh21 wrote:
looks loud i still havent work on my mine at all but i dont even know if ill make the next show

more car trouble?
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 4:17 pm

poor car lol
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:41 am

truck is actually running great but i have been meaning to get peel and seal from lowes but have to special order it then i wont have alll that rattle i hope and maybe gain alittle but we should all meet up sometime before the show
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:12 pm

New score out of the 18 is a 152.1
I went to the usaci event at music mart today, I gotta say, it seemed way unorganized compared to arspl stuff. scheduled start at 10. so i got there at 9 to register. finally got registered around 11:45. did my run around 1:30. Didnt get everyones runs in untill about 4 or 5. there was maybe 15 cars.
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:18 pm

graet Very Happy score man!!!!!!!! cheers

yea i hate how they are never right on times
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:07 pm

good job!
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:21 am

sweet now i just need to get louder
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:31 am

what im running
1- 75-95amp alternator
1- international group 31 battery
1- xstatic model 2000
1- brutus 2608 2008 model
sound quest 0-ish gauge wire
1-alpine cva 1004 flip out
4-hifonics 6.5 3 way speakers
1-phoenix gold line driver 8v

what a cheap way to get louder ?
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:41 pm

a massive port
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:25 pm

yep add port area or double power.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:47 am

well i think im trying peel and seal for sound deadener then 300amp alternator , new batteries then a AQ 3500
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:21 am

Well the whole deal was rediculous on my end because I was given the wrong address. They hadn't updated the show's location on the USACi site. I was out and about looking for that show from about 8:30am 'till 10:30am. I found out the new address at like noon, I didn't realize they would still be going on that late. I would've came if I would've known that....

That's a good number too. What class did they have you running in? I'm guessing modified.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:53 pm

i think they messed up on my class.
they had me in 1800+ superstock. with 2 1500 watt amps.
then they had a guy in 601-1800 with 2 rd d9 amps..
and when i asked them to check my car they told me modified..
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:41 pm

fritosaregood wrote:
i think they messed up on my class.
they had me in 1800+ superstock. with 2 1500 watt amps.
then they had a guy in 601-1800 with 2 rd d9 amps..
and when i asked them to check my car they told me modified..

Power classes are determined by the amps rating at 4ohm, not at the lowest impedance or posted stable limit. Thats why i love a company that rates there 4ohm at lower then 14.4v. gives you a little advantage Smile . Also different power classes i believe have restrictions on batteries/alt numbers too. I know they also limit the number of amps being used for a said class. Been a while since i have seen the updated rules, but i know for a fact that how they determine power. Not at the lowest impedance.
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Plus they count all amps including highs amps
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:56 am

i had 3 all together. and 2 kinetik 2400s. I knew they did 4 ohm ratings, and when they said 1800+ i couldnt understand why.

he had 2 that i saw, and 2 batcap 8400s
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:57 am

also the trophies they gave out
they were for something else and had printed stickers to put over the labels
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:08 am

Lol. The D9's are cheater amps ...

They really ought to rate the power of an amplifier based on its lowest impedance... I've never seen that as fair; that is, for situations like that to occur where a low 4ohm output wattage is whats counted, when in fact, the amp actually does 5 - 8 times more than that.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:07 pm

i guess they recycle trophies now lol
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:23 pm

fritosaregood wrote:
i had 3 all together. and 2 kinetik 2400s. I knew they did 4 ohm ratings, and when they said 1800+ i couldnt understand why.

he had 2 that i saw, and 2 batcap 8400s

lol lol! lol! all the trophies i have gotten with usaci are the same they must order in bulk and just make lables for shows as they go lol! lol! great way to save money
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:35 pm

MikeWilson wrote:
Lol. The D9's are cheater amps ...

They really ought to rate the power of an amplifier based on its lowest impedance... I've never seen that as fair; that is, for situations like that to occur where a low 4ohm output wattage is whats counted, when in fact, the amp actually does 5 - 8 times more than that.

Not cheating at all. Its the manufactures that are screwing you over building cheap overrated crap and fudging stats to make them look better on paper then what they really are. Usaci has always done power classes like this. Its not going to change.
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:24 pm

everyone said the DD M3 was a cheater amp too
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:56 am

James Reed wrote:

Not cheating at all. Its the manufactures that are screwing you over building cheap overrated crap and fudging stats to make them look better on paper then what they really are. Usaci has always done power classes like this. Its not going to change.

I wont deny that alot of amps are blown out of proportion. I remember the ole Sony 1000 watt amp I bought from Wal Mart several years ago ... It makes me lolz now thinking about it. Laughing

But to have an amp that is rated on paper for 1 watt at 4 ohms at 14.4v but looks like this ...

My new setup, for now - Page 4 Dsfjkdlhfjdksfhlsdhkfhsdkfjkaskhfkl
(An older Orion HCCA amp)
is obviously not really going to just put out one measily watt. Razz ... and thatd certainly put a competitor who's running in the lowest power classes at a severe disadvantage when their amps are rated for no more than 300 watts RMS at 1 ohm, for example.

I'm just saying it'd be more fair to take the total power output capabilities of the amplifier(s) attatched to the subwoofers, rather than making a loophole open with simply sticking to 4ohm rated power. Meanwhile, I'm sure that other organizations clamp the amps or class you based on total output for placing in divisions, and this leaves USACi open to the use of such amps; no less, an interesting, fun outlet for those who have them.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:16 am

they would never let you slide with a 1 watt 4ohm amp if it didnt really only do it that a said voltage. There is more too it then just that. Hell i used to run VLX-25s. 12.5 watts x2 at 4ohm. at 12volts. Bridged at .25ohm with 14.4volt they would do around 1400+. I ran 4 of them for the 0-100watt class. Amps like that have been outlawed and considered cheater amps. Something with the internals. They did exactly what they said the would in stereo, but when you bridged them and lowered to .5 or lower my god they came alive. QUALITY amps:) . Usaci does test manufactures there selves and if an amp seems to good to be true they will test it. Just to keep your 1watt at 4ohm fear from being true. Some amps have been caught as 2 amps in one case. So well now instead of one amp it is now considered 2.But when a company like AQ, MMats and others rate 4ohm with say 13.8 volts instead of 14.4v they are actually helping a competitor out at the cost of them selves looking a little weaker on paper. The rules dont state it has to be 14.4 volt like companies use to make them selves look good but a normal charging system wont do. Shoot some must use bolts of lightning for some of the BS numbers they come up with lol. 13.8v is more real world voltage levels when playing anyway. Then the fact companies use dummy loads and not a sub to test wattage.

It is simple though. If you dont like the rules dont do Usaci. As i said they will not be changing the way they do power classes anytime soon. Complain to your manufacturer instead for giving you unrealistic wattage numbers for there amps. Or for not giving you a competitive amp.

See your hooked on it being 4 ohm. How about in say small wattage class or even better yet our Cone classes. You have a honda civic hatch and a suburban on 28" rims. Who will pressure more with the exact same equipment and enclosure in the cargo area? duh the civic. So that must not be fair the civic guy was smart and bought something that was GOOD for spl rather then a big old vehicle with BLING thats not going to pressure. So the civic should be penalized for being smart? I dont think so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new setup, for now   My new setup, for now - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new setup, for now
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next