ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8"

Go down 
+4
sweep
jonatan
rob t
fritosaregood
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
solo1
Rookie
Rookie
solo1

Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8"   Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:48 am

NO, kicker wire is copper with silver coating. Silver is the best conducter with copper being the 2nd. The copper clad aluminum stuff is way cheaper.
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8"   Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:03 am

That's what ment was copper in mid. I know Chris in super mod with tried 6 different brands an kicker was the best.
But I know in my work to use aluminum u haf to go up one size big than copper to Carey same amps one run of num 6 copper is equal to one run of num 4 aluminum
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8"   Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:53 am

sweep wrote:
That's not my car that's a steer A car we cut a big anuf hole to get wire in am seal it up. I'm sorry for asking but 6runs of 4/0 is the same as what?
An I don't know if u can find it. Kicker makes the best wire thay don't make 4/0
4 runs of 1/0 will take more amps than 1 run of 4/0

6 runs of 4/0 would be the same electrically as 18 runs of 1/0, I didn't count how many are in the picture, one run of 4/0 will carry the same as 3 runs of 1/0. You get marine grade once you get that big. And it is solid copper stranded too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8"   Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:57 am

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
sweep wrote:
That's not my car that's a steer A car we cut a big anuf hole to get wire in am seal it up. I'm sorry for asking but 6runs of 4/0 is the same as what?
An I don't know if u can find it. Kicker makes the best wire thay don't make 4/0

6 runs of 4/0 would be the same electrically as 18 runs of 1/0, I didn't count how many are in the picture, one run of 4/0 will carry the same as 3 runs of 1/0. You get marine grade once you get that big. And it is solid copper stranded too.

tys car has some marine grade 2/0, 2 jackets.

You can get 4/0 welding cable too, i thought
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8"   Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:58 am

fritosaregood wrote:
AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
sweep wrote:

ty with the s10?
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8"   Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:00 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
fritosaregood wrote:
AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
sweep wrote:

ty with the s10?

camaro
Back to top Go down
sweep
Pro
Pro
sweep

PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8"   Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Do what u like I don't care what a paper said if u don't test it u don't know
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8"   Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:51 pm

One other thing you also have to consider with wire, is what is it's purpose, straight up SPL, just a few second high current pulls, or street beat, various amounts of current change at different levels constantly changing. When considering the purpose, each will have a different effect on the wire, heat, is your enemy. Alum will shed the heat faster and at a greater rate then copper or silver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8"   Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fiberglass Enclosure, Dayton 8"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3