ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alternator Upgrade

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

Alternator Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Alternator Upgrade   Alternator Upgrade Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:16 pm

Just some food for thought....

If you have an s10 chevy, gmc, bah bah of any model, you get the idea and you have the 4.3 motor. Now this only works on 98 and newer from what I have been told and my own personal 6 month research. You can take an alternator off an newer suburban and it is a directly plug and play bolt on hook up. You may ask why would I want to do this, well the models of the alternators are as follows, stock s10 uses a CS130D and the newer model full size trucks and SUV's use what is know as an AD244. Still you must know why would you want to do this? Well the AD244 puts out 100 amps at idle and close to 200 at full RPM peak. Still not good enough for you?? Well it is only like 80 buck at a savage yard and a new high output alternator last time I checked was over 200 bucks... Plus the AD244 uses a much larger case so it cools way better then the stock CS130D. The only other thing you need is a one inch longer belt. Need more info, just let me know....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com

Alternator Upgrade
Page 1 of 1