ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

spice it up a lil

Go down 
+2
Jon
jonatan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

spice it up a lil Empty
PostSubject: spice it up a lil   spice it up a lil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm

[b]alright im looking for information on everything to do with car audio teach me what i need to know if you have something new to add lets put our heads together and explain all problems.
few questions.

how do i get more or less ohms on my subs?
how do i add extra battery?
boost my alt?
how to use caps?
what are the better brands in the business?
and how to tune the box to hertz?

lets see what we can stir up if you have any question you like answered send umm. im in iraq and bored help
Back to top Go down
Jon
Jon

spice it up a lil Empty
PostSubject: Re: spice it up a lil   spice it up a lil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:23 pm

lol still no reply Guess no one knows hay chingado lol........................ Sleep
Back to top Go down
Brad
Admin
Admin
Brad

spice it up a lil Empty
PostSubject: Re: spice it up a lil   spice it up a lil Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:29 pm

demented wrote:

how do i get more or less ohms on my subs?

The easiest way is to use the woofer wiring wizard on Rockford Fosgate's website. It has most normal sub setups and explains the wiring in simple terms and has a wiring diagram for each available configuration.
http://rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

demented wrote:
how do i add extra battery?
This one can get tricky. First, you should decide if you want to use an isolator. When the key is on, the alternator charges both the front battery and the extra battery(ies). With the key off, only the extra battery(ies) will run the audio. Most SPL competitors do not go this route.
Next, you have to decide where the batteries are going to be located. If they are going be put inside a vehicle, you will want to go with a sealed battery such as Optima, Kinetik, Powermaster, Stinger, etc. If you are going to put them outside the vehicle, such as an extra under the hood, in the back of a truck, etc, you can use pretty much any kind of 12v battery.
As far as wiring goes, you just run the largest wire you can from the + battery post on the main battery to the + battery post on the secondary battery. You should put a fuse within 18 inches of the + post on both batteries.(You do not absolutely have to use fuses, but know that if you don't, you run the very real possiblity of electrical failure, shorts, and even fire.) You should then run an equal sized wire from the negative post of the battery to a solid ground, preferably on the frame.
There is also the option of a 16v system, but that is a completely different beast.

demented wrote:

boost my alt?
If I understand this correctly, I think you are asking how to get more amperage from you alternator. The only way that I know of to get more out of a factory alternator is to find a shop that can rewind it for you, but as far as I know you can only get about a 10% increase in amperage.
A good idea if you have an aftermarket stereo is to do the "Big 3". If you aren't aware of what this is, it is upgrading the wire in three areas under you hood. The alternator positive to battery positive, battery negative to chassis, and engine ground to chassis. You don't have to replace the factory wires, it is better to simply add the wires. You should use the biggest wire possibly, preferably 1/0.

demented wrote:

how to use caps?
I don't care for capacitors myself, but the proper way to wire it is as follows. The cap should have two posts, a positive, and a negative. The negative is wired to a ground. The positive is wired inline with the amplifier after the fuse.
Battery---fuse--cap---amp

demented wrote:
what are the better brands in the business?
There really is no way to answer this. The better brands are whatever provides the best product for your particular application and provides good customer service.

demented wrote:
and how to tune the box to hertz?
There are a few different programs out there that you can use to calculate box volume and port area if you know all the specs of your subs. If you don't have access to these programs, I have found that most manufacturers that I've used have very helpful support and if you give them some basic info(type and number of subs, how much power you will be running, what you want the box to be tuned to, if it will be a competition or daily system) that they can give you some very good box specs. So far, I have had very good experiences in this area with DD, Memphis, Orion, JL, Kicker, RF, and the company formerly known as Kove.

Hope this helps you out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Bumpin&Thumpin
Bumpin&Thumpin

spice it up a lil Empty
PostSubject: Alt. upgrade   spice it up a lil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 2:12 pm

Don't forget after market alternators. . . I only know and recommend Dominik Irragi (615)287-7991

Call him with the Year/Make/Model and he will tell you what is available. My Venture has a 200 amp and I just ordered a 260 amp alt. for the truck I just bought off of Jeff. He takes PayPal too! Pretty quick turn around time as soon as payment has been received!

hope helps ~ Kevin ~
Back to top Go down
Brad
Admin
Admin
Brad

spice it up a lil Empty
PostSubject: Re: spice it up a lil   spice it up a lil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:20 pm

I have used Irragi before, seems to be a good guy. Some of the other more popular aftermarket alts are Stinger, Ohio Generator, Excessive Amperage, High Output Alternators, and Powermaster.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

spice it up a lil Empty
PostSubject: Re: spice it up a lil   spice it up a lil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Bumpin&Thumpin wrote:
I only know and recommend Dominik Irragi (615)287-7991

Pretty quick turn around time as soon as payment has been received!

You must talk to him just right, cuz when I worked at Car stereo, he took forever to get alternators to us. We waited 6 months for 3 300 amp alternator for a surburban build. Not to mention he never, NEVER, answers his phone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

spice it up a lil Empty
PostSubject: Re: spice it up a lil   spice it up a lil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:26 pm

I use a 200 amp irragi right now, It puts out enought to power my 3000 watt system, but it looks like its just a factory alternator with a smaller pulley.
Back to top Go down
Bumpin&Thumpin
Bumpin&Thumpin

spice it up a lil Empty
PostSubject: Re: spice it up a lil   spice it up a lil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:19 am

He almost always answers me and if not he calls me back pretty quick. Don't know, maybe I just time it right.

As for the alt looking stock, it’s the guts that are changed and he gives you a custom pulley for your vehicle with directions for installation as well as trouble shooting tips.

Either way, he's not the only one out there, but he's been good to me! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

spice it up a lil Empty
PostSubject: Re: spice it up a lil   spice it up a lil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spice it up a lil
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARKANSAS SPL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: