ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

something new ?

Go down 
+7
sweep
bruce leroy
AMI CUSTOMS
solo1
James Reed
justinadams
kylevh21
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

something new ?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 8:21 am

Anyways im running two lvl2 dc 8"s in custom Elite Audio boxes on my brutus 2608D 25th anniversary edition amp @4ohms
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:43 am

Cool it making noise yet? If so how do you like those 8's?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
justinadams
Rookie
Rookie
justinadams

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:08 pm

cool. sounds like it has decent potential
Back to top Go down
power hungry
Veteran
Veteran
power hungry

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:24 pm

James Reed wrote:
power hungry wrote:
haha hey! i had 4 hifonics 12s james they SUCKED haha oh and i am kinda lost about the clipping discussion. i thought i understood "clipping" but yall two would be the ones to take it to damn extremes so i feel like a dumb fuck haha.

Clipping - Audible distortion that occurs when continuous power-to-peak power capabilities (headroom) are exceeded. "Turn it down!"

Basically the most common type of clipping comes from running your amp gain way to high. It is meant to match to the voltage of the source. ie your head unit or eq. But if your running your deck volume too high you can clip the signal before it even gets to the amp, if your using an eq too much volume here or even the recorded audio signal its self could be clipped (clipped track isn't so bad other then cutting off signal that should have reached you). What you really need to worry about is anything that amplifies signal. Anything that is amplified has the potential to clip. An amplifier is built with a given, set voltage, both positive and negative, called "rails". When the input signal tells the amplifier to "turn on" more than the rails are capable of producing, the waveform is "clipped off". That is what clipping is. exceeding the headroom of the rails. Thats when the "bad" stuff really starts to happen.

What our later discussion was actually talking about was other forms of "DISTORTION" that can crap up the audio signal. Most have nothing to do with clipping. Actually the distortion is not really the harmful element that kills your stuff anyways. but don't confuse what im saying, clipping is not good. It's the reasons and things causing the distortion from clipping that are harmful(exceeding head room). But when tuning by ear all you have is the audible distortion caused when clipping happens to guide you to know you are clipped. Also why distortion is commonly perceived to be the killer here.

Not all distortion is bad. Distortion is not always avoided. Sometimes it's added deliberately by musicians to alter the sound of their instruments, or by engineers to modify their recordings. Numerous kinds of analog and digital signal processors are used to create distortion that musicians willing exploit for novel, interesting effects. On the production side of music, this is good. On the other hand, for the reproduction of music, distortion is the bane of high fidelity. Every step of the recording and playback process adds its share. In the end, the sound in our cars has a substantial accumulation of all types of distortion. Kept at a minimum, we can achieve some relatively realistic results.

Dang james lol thanks for clearing that one up Haha talking abt detailed explination lol
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:45 pm

as soon as the other project is done, his will be done. Can't wait to hear them too.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:48 pm

kylevh21 wrote:
Anyways im running two lvl2 dc 8"s in custom Elite Audio boxes on my brutus 2608D 25th anniversary edition amp @4ohms

I'm guessing a glassed box either side in the trunk in sealed enclosures? I want to see some of these in a nice ported configuration. That would be SWEET! Where you planning to put the amp? Any room to flush mount where spare is?

power hungry wrote:
Dang james lol thanks for clearing that one up Haha talking abt detailed explination lol

Detailed for sure, but you now understand for sure what we were talking about Smile
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:11 am

James Reed wrote:
kylevh21 wrote:

I'm guessing a glassed box either side in the trunk in sealed enclosures? I want to see some of these in a nice ported configuration. That would be SWEET! Where you planning to put the amp? Any room to flush mount where spare is?

power hungry wrote:

Detailed for sure, but you now understand for sure what we were talking about Smile

These might be portted
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:08 am

jonatan wrote:
James Reed wrote:
kylevh21 wrote:

power hungry wrote:

These might be portted

Don't say might. Just GO PORTED FTW!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 3:24 am

Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:07 am

James should we get into SNR and blow their minds some more? Lmao
Back to top Go down
power hungry
Veteran
Veteran
power hungry

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:04 am

Shut it andrew im still having random sparks fromthe clipping conversation baha
Back to top Go down
bigmike
bigmike

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:02 am

Some of us take this just a little to serious at times. What happen to the fun factor of audio. Kyle the brutus makes good power and should have those 8's moving good air.
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:34 am

indeed mike
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:31 am

I still have fun even with all the rule changing and shit talking, so I don't know what you talking about...LOL
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:32 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
I still have fun even with all the rule changing and shit talking, so I don't know what you talking about...LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: something new ?    something new ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

something new ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARKANSAS SPL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: