ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hey guys

Go down 
+6
kylevh21
James Reed
fritosaregood
jonatan
rob t
Tha Pope
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:11 pm

stock truck doesnt charge to 15.2 volts, voltage regulated to 14.4 volts at the factory Razz
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Jeff Sanford

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:57 pm

If you build where we cant check then you will be unlimited. I have an easy way to check. Put meter on peak hold and if it goes over 14.7 at the amp you are moved to 751-up.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Jeff Sanford wrote:
If you build where we cant check then you will be unlimited. I have an easy way to check. Put meter on peak hold and if it goes over 14.7 at the amp you are moved to 751-up.

Okay I got a small spot where you can run the leads thru and then they will have to be clamped on to the amp, but wait are you saying you are gonna have someone hold fluke meter up to the amp while you are running? I have a meter on my dash that is digital and reads at the amp you can check it before hand and then just watch that during the run???
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:28 pm

i got clamps on my fluke you can do that with, if you wanna borrow. what kind of alt do you have andrew?
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:55 pm

quick start 350 with a VCM, I can put the voltage at whatever I want. And yes bring the clamps for the fluke if jeff doesn't have them, cuz I don't have any, just the straight leads is all I got.
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:56 pm

if you put the meter on peak hold then nobody has to hold the meter and you can keep an eye on your meter on the dash to make sure it stays below
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:58 pm

rob t wrote:
if you put the meter on peak hold then nobody has to hold the meter and you can keep an eye on your meter on the dash to make sure it stays below

Yeah, that will be fine, it will just need the clamp leads, cuz you can't get to my amps once I shut the rear doors, but you could run leads thru where I have my cluster fuck of 0 gauge ran and get to the amps.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:21 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
And that old memphis setup I had is still running in my bro in laws truck and still taking home first......so memphis is still up there in my book, you see my 4 channel amp, MEMPHIS!!!!

watch out for some sundown equipment come finals going up against that, haha, you might change your mind

and can we just check voltage at the alt if the amps is tucked way? i know mine probably wont be too accessible either,
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 pm

so im trying to figure out how you figure a gm alt puts out 15.7 volts......yours is aftermarket dude.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Jeff Sanford

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Voltage will have to be checked at the amp. That is the only fair way to do it. If I can see the power and ground wire we can poke the leads into them, or clamp it if Pope doesn't mind me using his clamp. Every vehicle will be checked. This is to keep someone from hiding a 16 volt battery in their vehicle but displaying voltage of a 12 volt battery.
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:03 pm

if i come ill bring my fluke and lead kit. no problem.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:04 am

Tha Pope wrote:
so im trying to figure out how you figure a gm alt puts out 15.7 volts......yours is aftermarket dude.

My stock 105 amp gm alt charges at 15.1 when it is cold out, but drops once it gets hot(the motor), but yeah I see your point, LOL and thanks bring the clamps....
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:14 am

Jeff Sanford wrote:
Voltage will have to be checked at the amp. That is the only fair way to do it. If I can see the power and ground wire we can poke the leads into them, or clamp it if Pope doesn't mind me using his clamp. Every vehicle will be checked. This is to keep someone from hiding a 16 volt battery in their vehicle but displaying voltage of a 12 volt battery.

What if you can just see that all my batts are 12v?

Im gonna try to make it where one of my amps is atleast kind of accessible, I know my 4 channel amp will be haha, and its hooked to the same battery.
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:22 pm

actually for a tech inspection at finals i think you have to be fully accesible? im not sure on this but i would think you would need to be. that way there is no questions. i never trimed mine up for this factor. everything was out in the open.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Tha Pope wrote:
actually for a tech inspection at finals i think you have to be fully accesible? im not sure on this but i would think you would need to be. that way there is no questions. i never trimed mine up for this factor. everything was out in the open.

i keep mine hidden for theives
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:01 pm

thats what alarms and Glocks are for Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Tha Pope wrote:
thats what alarms and Glocks are for Very Happy

alarm check,.. and i am 21 now, hmm, haha
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:50 pm

I like my taurus over my buddies glock, the glock seems cheap to me when you hold it, all plastic and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Admin
Admin
Brad

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 pm

M&P my friends, M&P.
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:15 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
I like my taurus over my buddies glock, the glock seems cheap to me when you hold it, all plastic and stuff.
maybe so but they both shoot lead my friend Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hey guys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hey guys
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3