ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hey guys

Go down 
+6
kylevh21
James Reed
fritosaregood
jonatan
rob t
Tha Pope
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:20 am

Tha Pope wrote:
hey guys i just got something from ups, are AQ3500.1s any good? im not sure if i can use them since my tahoe has been wired for 18 volts. that really sucks oh well........

Those are the amps I run, and they do quite well on 18 volts, but I am sure you already knew that show off...... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:24 am

man im not posting NOTHING, you guys will try to one up me . i dont see anyone else with detailed builds up. andrew comes closest to it .
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Jeff Sanford

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:27 am

I don't have anything. I guess I could post my 6.5's and my 55.4 Laughing
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:30 am

Tha Pope wrote:
man im not posting NOTHING, you guys will try to one up me . i dont see anyone else with detailed builds up. andrew comes closest to it .

Looks like all of us with little builds don't stand a chance Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:36 am

i havent built anythign yet man , im still on the fence. i have amps and 15s. i have 18v system . but nothign is installed yet. probly wont be. im still working on the 24v to 18v transistor controlled power regulation. its a PITA
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:37 am

tell me about it pale
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:37 am

rob t wrote:
tell me about it pale

We should just watch
Back to top Go down
Brad
Admin
Admin
Brad

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:39 am

Hey Pope. Long time no see. Good to see you back around.
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:44 am

well the amps use 760amps at 18v per pair at 15000watts at 2 ohm linked. so the only way to make 18 volts is to regulate down 2 12 volts batterys in series ( or multiple pairs of 12 volts in series) 2 ohm linked on 14.4 is around 8500 so i figure i can run mine up to 16.8 safely for close to 10000 watts. now thats some DBs right der. i have other secrets i cant share like the vampire battery system and other great wonders of the electrical world. i might show you next season Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:44 am

whats up big brad! long time dude.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:46 am

Just put some 16 volt batts in there with some isolators, done. LOL But that is too easy I guess.
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:50 am

i dont need isolator, the tahoes computer will take up to 16.8 volts no problem and my alt puts out 350 amps and the voltage is adjustable from 9 to 24 volts. 24 volts system regulated to 18 volts will carry more current. its all trade offs. i see you took the easy way out Razz
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:01 am

Feel free to share your secrets with me Wink
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:11 am

Tha Pope wrote:
i dont need isolator, the tahoes computer will take up to 16.8 volts no problem and my alt puts out 350 amps and the voltage is adjustable from 9 to 24 volts. 24 volts system regulated to 18 volts will carry more current. its all trade offs. i see you took the easy way out Razz

How is 24 volts regulated to 18 going to carry more current? Your alt will only put out XX amount of current....
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:16 am

ohms law homie. as the voltage goes up the amps come down for the same output.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:19 am

Tha Pope wrote:
ohms law homie. as the voltage goes up the amps come down for the same output.

Did you factor in your I^2*R losses.....That is what causes the voltage drop on a surge, the alt will only put out XX amount of amps, if you are running 350 max off the alt, changing voltage isn't going to help anything if the demand is double the max capable of the alt. You will just see a huge voltage drop. Just my thoughs....

And one of my electrical engineering professors used to say that for any questions, answer is ohms law,,,,well it is, but there is alot of other things you have to look at....

But I guess if you have a bunch of batt backup, you should be okay, still voltage drop but then just to a point and should level out.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:23 am

I want to hear more about this setup!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:30 am

andrew you are funny man, i have been doing this stuff for a long time man. i know what works and what doesnt. ive helped quite a few people in here get very loud. matter of fact ask jeffery who got him competitive in the SPL world. ive know him since he was 16. you build your system and ill build mine dude and ill let mine talk in the lanes. i dont have to talk it up in the forum Very Happy

so you went audioque? i thought nothing could beat memphis? hahaha
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:33 am

oh and another way to look at it man , if you have a 14 volt battery and you saturation charge it to 16 volts (which you can do) and in the other hand you have an 18 volt battery drained to 16 volts. which one puts out the best power?
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:34 am

Tha Pope wrote:
andrew you are funny man, i have been doing this stuff for a long time man. i know what works and what doesnt. ive helped quite a few people in here get very loud. matter of fact ask jeffery who got him competitive in the SPL world. ive know him since he was 16. you build your system and ill build mine dude and ill let mine talk in the lanes. i dont have to talk it up in the forum Very Happy

so you went audioque? i thought nothing could beat memphis? hahaha

audioque has better prices, I am not doubting your knowledge, just wondering why you would do 24 volts down to 18, I don't see the benefit, but if it works, hell, I may give it a try...LOL. I like to show off my builds, mine aren't only loud, but look good too, so I show them off, mine will talk in the lanes too, just asking questions man, hope I didn't hit a nerve,,,,LOL.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:36 am

And that old memphis setup I had is still running in my bro in laws truck and still taking home first......so memphis is still up there in my book, you see my 4 channel amp, MEMPHIS!!!!
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:37 am

Tha Pope wrote:
oh and another way to look at it man , if you have a 14 volt battery and you saturation charge it to 16 volts (which you can do) and in the other hand you have an 18 volt battery drained to 16 volts. which one puts out the best power?

Makes sense,,,,,ok back to finishing the build, nice talkin to ya pope
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:40 am

no nerves hit man, just stating facts and yeah get it done i wanna check it out. push those amps till they fail so i know where there limits are Razz
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Jeff Sanford

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:46 am

Keep in mind anything over 14.7 volts is 751-up This will be check at finals and voltage will be checked at the amp with a fluke meter during the run.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Jeff Sanford wrote:
Keep in mind anything over 14.7 volts is 751-up This will be check at finals and voltage will be checked at the amp with a fluke meter during the run.

How are you gonna check during the run? My amps are sealed off from the rest of the truck, you can't get to them when I burp it, granted I am only at 12 volt system now, so if won't matter with my truck anyway, but since we are talking about it,,,,LOL,,,,my truck when cold charges at 15.2, that is normal for any gm truck, suv, so how do the rules apply there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hey guys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys   hey guys - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hey guys
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next