ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SPL Questions

Go down 
+4
James Reed
demented
jonatan
rob t
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

SPL Questions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Alright, here is my question?????

I have an extended cab GMC sierra, I am going to remove the back seat and build whatever I need to to be LOUD. I am going to run two 15's and 2500 watts on them. What is the BEST setup??? OKAY GO.....

And no blow thru designs, everything will be inside the cab....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:46 pm

I got 2 L7s that would put you easily in the low to mid 150s Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:52 pm

James Reed wrote:
I got 2 L7s that would put you easily in the low to mid 150s Very Happy

You know, I think those are the babies I WANT for the setup, I was just looking at the ZX2500 or memphis mojo 2500D, I want a reliable setup that I can play music thru and both of those amps can do that well.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:54 pm

I would do the MCD2500. I have a MCD1000 and i like it better then the ZX1000. The ZX is 2ohm stable. Not a big deal there, but now subsonic. Who the F adds bass boost and no subsonic? Oh wait...... RF and Kicker.

I will make you a good deal on my subs. You would need a 1ohm stable then. There dual 4s.

$400 and you can have the pair. They are just now seeing play time.

Last edited by James Reed on Fri May 21, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:55 pm

The MOJO is 1 ohm stable.....Hmmmm
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Bump. I was editing when you posted.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:59 pm

The new ZX amps have subsonic

Specs from Kicker's site

Frequency Response: 25-200Hz (ZX300.1 25-20kHz), +0/-1dB
Input Sensitivity: High Level 250mV-10V, Low Level 125mV-5V
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95dB, a-weighted, re: rated power
Active Crossover: 24dB/octave, variable 50Hz-200Hz (ZX300.1 fixed at 80Hz), low pass only
24dB/octave high-pass subsonic filter fixed @ 25Hz
KICKEQ™ Boost: Variable to +18dB (ZX300.1 selectable +12dB), centered @ 40Hz
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:00 pm

yeas, but it is FIXED at 25Hz. You cannot adjust it.

Last edited by James Reed on Fri May 21, 2010 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:01 pm

James Reed wrote:
I would do the MCD2500. I have a MCD1000 and i like it better then the ZX1000. The ZX is 2ohm stable. Not a big deal there, but now subsonic. Who the F adds bass boost and no subsonic? Oh wait...... RF and Kicker.

I will make you a good deal on my subs. You would need a 1ohm stable then. There dual 4s.

$400 and you can have the pair. They are just now seeing play time.

Oh man that is SUPER tempting..... I just wish they were dual 2's, I would really like to run the same brand amp with them, I need to see what I can get that MOJO amp for.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:02 pm

James Reed wrote:
yeas, but it is FIXED at 25Hz. You cannot adjust it

Yes, the mojo amp is adjustable on the sub sonic, I will likely tune these very high for some high SPL. Twisted Evil

I think that would be a good combo, MOJO 2500 D and two L7 15's
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:05 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
James Reed wrote:
yeas, but it is FIXED at 25Hz. You cannot adjust it

Yes, the mojo amp is adjustable on the sub sonic, I will likely tune these very high for some high SPL. Twisted Evil

More reason for an adjustable subsonic.

I wanted to match too. Now i know better Smile I would have gone with Memphis power. The Kicker amps are great dont get e wrong. Mine birthed at 1279 and 1280rms. Especially if you are staying in a good Fb range for the filter then fine, but when im doing a higher tuned or LOW tuned setup It would be nice to set my own filter. Filter is fine for MOST apps though.

Last edited by James Reed on Fri May 21, 2010 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:07 pm

James Reed wrote:

I wonder if that is why kicker recommends tuning these to 26.5 HZ on ported enclosures???
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:08 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
James Reed wrote:

I wonder if that is why kicker recommends tuning these to 26.5 HZ on ported enclosures???

I have had no problems even into Fb=38Hz , but i also know not to get to greedy with anything much below that Fb.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:10 pm

Just let me know on the subs. I would rather sell them fast. I don't want to play them too much. They are practically brand new. Still stiff as hell too.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:12 pm

there is a guy at the usaci comps that is selling his setup. It was an orion hcca 12, "MEMPHIS 2500 AMP", and 2 kinetik 2400s

on your setup are you trying to keep it under the window line?
I would fire the port up or to the side if you have enough space between the box and the side of the truck.

id also try subs forward if there is enough space.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:15 pm

It makes sense that Kicker's amp is fixed at 25 for the subsonic and there recommended tuning is 26.5 for a wide range of their subs, all the solo baric subs are recommended to be that low, I was going to tune mine for the freq of the truck, which I have no idea what it is at the moment, I would guess 50 hz, I would probably just tune these at 40 hz and rock on. Once I figure out how much I can get that MOJO amp for, I will let you know, that will decide which way I go with it, it all depends on which amp costs less. So I will try to find out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:16 pm

fritosaregood wrote:
there is a guy at the usaci comps that is selling his setup. It was an orion hcca 12, "MEMPHIS 2500 AMP", and 2 kinetik 2400s

I would fire the port up or to the side if you have enough space between the box and the side of the truck.

How much for the amp? Can you find out?

Same thoughts here, I am thinking firing up on the subs and port on drivers side facing up as well. Kind of like my setup in my S10, it worked great like that. I think I can get them under the window line, it doesn't have to be, I would like to compete in stock class only, so it will just depend on how much room I have, I haven't measured it out yet, I know I need around 12 cubes of space to make these sound "right" for SPL.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
fritosaregood wrote:

i can sunday if he is there. If Mike pops up on here tonight he might remember.
i wanna say somewhere around $600-$800

I think he is putting it back in for the show sunday to demo it, since he hardly got interest when it was just sitting there.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Well i will see you guys at music mart. Heading down to LR now and staying this weekend. So no net for me.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:23 pm

I would take it for $600 if it is in "good" condition and not older then the 08 model, did you see the amp? If so, how did it look.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:24 pm

fritosaregood wrote:
AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
fritosaregood wrote:

i can sunday if he is there. If Mike pops up on here tonight he might remember.
i wanna say somewhere around $600-$800

I think he is putting it back in for the show sunday to demo it, since he hardly got interest when it was just sitting there.

Hopefully cheaper then 600-800 for the amp. You can usually find a 4kw for 800 on the net
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:24 pm

James Reed wrote:
Well i will see you guys at music mart. Heading down to LR now and staying this weekend. So no net for me.

If I can get that amp cheap, then consider those subs sold, it all depends on the amp.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:27 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
James Reed wrote:

If I can get that amp cheap, then consider those subs sold, it all depends on the amp.

you gonna make it there sunday?
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:28 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
James Reed wrote:

Ok just let me know.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:30 pm

fritosaregood wrote:
AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
James Reed wrote:

you gonna make it there sunday?

What time is the show at Music Mart? Is it still at 10 am? And when does it end, I could bring the evo out of hiding!!!!! Twisted Evil

Last edited by AMI CUSTOMS on Fri May 21, 2010 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPL Questions   SPL Questions - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPL Questions
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARKANSAS SPL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: