ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment

Go down 
+2
AMI CUSTOMS
MikeWilson
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:24 am

what did he have to say after that im sure something to do with no gas or something like that lol
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:37 am

Well a more complete subjective review is in:

-- Jeff
"well lets just say, the song put on by jeezy is rediculous, no 147 but the air movement... i was shaking things in my friends shed about 1000 feet away

at the lowest note in that song lol"

"well the lower the notes got, the more violent it became in the car

i can honestly say i thought my car at the lowest note was going to rip in two the way it was shaking my seats and everything

lol...."

Me
Hows the box sound in terms of sound quality

Jeff
not bad at all, pretty clean

Me
Hows the air movement in the car/ Any hair trick comin out of this?

Jeff
quite possibly my friend shirt moves like crazy when the door is open and he is standing outsid

-------------- Okay so I'm sure the point is demonstrated... It's more than likely, pretty decently loud... Vids of the final build, and pics to come tomarrow.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:10 am

I would like to see it metered, that would be cool since everyone's definition of loud is different. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:59 am

yes he needs to meter it and take pics or video
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:29 am

Well ... the cellphone vids suck ... and the newness of his vehicle and a cellphone make flexing vids nearly impossible to take, so not seeing hardly any motion at all makes me think it was a fail ... But panel/window flex is actually a bad thing, so its Neutral

Anyways...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXDexHQF1bg&NR=1
- The vid shows all the equipment and small demo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l3fXNnPEb4
- The sheet vid... I was expecting more air flow... but perhaps its really alot heavier than hair or paper Suspect ? The simple fact that he's outside the vehicle and away from the window and behind the car with his voice still distorting tells me the pressure changes that are being made are still pretty significant.

https://www.youtube.com/user/im2cool4this#p/a/u/0/OT3DQABDfoA
- Test tone burping .... This one is actually pretty beneficial for me, as it shows the excursion of the woofers...the fact that the excursion decreases as the frequency drops and power remains the same shows me the "tuning" frequency of the horn to be low, and probably below 30hz... So according to the visuals here, the project was a success! Very Happy

God I can't wait till he gets this fricken thing metered.... Movement of air and objects made in and around the vehicle aren't valid indicators of pressure unfortunately (despite the astonishing correlations between the two); only the termlab will tell.

I'm gonna have him make a video using a kleenex and holding it at various places to show the airflow (just because I think its cool to see regardless... )
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:42 am

Just a little bit of trivia ... the individual who inspired me to apply this design concept done the following vids with his SSA Icons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdIYD0Ser1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N4J86yqRtY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1VwyUnZpj4

(Notice, his enclosure follows the same principles of design as well... throat meeting the mouth inside the enclosure where the woofers are placed on an angled baffle ... However the schematics of his enclosure are "DRAMATICALLY" different on the inside, but all in all, the concepts are the same)

-----
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:32 am

sweet
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:19 pm

good job
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:56 am

how big would the box have to be for 2 18"s
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:00 am

I don't know ... Honestly, I don't even know if the 18's in question would be suitable for that kind of alignment.... my guess is that it'd need to be in the vicinity of about 15 - 20cu ft if it could.....
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:08 am

well if some how i get some money to buy the other 2 18"s a wall would be in the making
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:17 am

kylevh21 wrote:
well if some how i get some money to buy the other 2 18"s a wall would be in the making

Well to take your enclosure from a good sounding daily to a SPL monster., You could just wall it now with about twice your port area you have now should do it.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:41 am

well if i get a new truck ill wall the explorer but for now i like seeing out my back window and love how it sounds for 2-18"s and 2000 watts
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:37 am

4 18's in a horn-loaded wall .... "Got rawr?"

(Ahhh the thought of it gets me pumped....)

I would've done it in my car but I would've had to build extra parts of the enclosure into the trunk to get adequate air space, more than likely. (And besides, the SX's probably wouldn't work well in that loading environment unless it was for SPL purposes only...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment   2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 DC Lvl 4XL's in a Horn -- Experiment
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARKANSAS SPL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: