ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

peel and seal sound deadener?

Go down 
+2
MikeWilson
kylevh21
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

peel and seal sound deadener? Empty
PostSubject: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:07 am

peel and seal sound deadener? 100_1110
pulled the headliner out i hate doing it cuz of the visor monitors and flip down have to come out
peel and seal sound deadener? 100_1210
some older stuff i got from andrew when we did the 4 12"s its still sticking so i left it in there
peel and seal sound deadener? 100_1211
as you can see i ran out and only did the rear of the roof but not for long
peel and seal sound deadener? 100_1212
old shit need to rip it down and do it over
peel and seal sound deadener? 100_1213
everything is covered now but didnt take a pic of it just this then the camera died but got everything back in and the tvs working took it to the park to test it and im shocked of what one layer did to all that rattle when i get some more money im goin back for a second layer
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:40 am

Yes... Rattles less = great ...

Now ... is it louder? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:19 am

wont know until a show but sounds a lot better without rattle
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:24 am

yea ...

I'd have mixed feelings about it if my score dropped significantly ....
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: went to the park today what a nice day   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:58 am

Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:19 pm

^^^^That is some good shit tha!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 pm

LMAO ... Those are great ...

What a Face
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:46 pm

is that what you do with important papers that you need to get rid of? lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:30 am

not always we do have a shredder in the house those papers were actually from my work holman
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Have you metered this yet? You break a 150 yet? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:54 pm

no 150 yet but im trying to get there
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 8:03 pm

we will see how close tomorrow
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:08 am

yea i cant wait try so many things
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:59 am

Its gonna be really hard to break a 150 given all the cabin losses in your vehicle ... All that flex in those panels, but moreover, the windows... is not a good thing really, of course you knew this from the getgo, so its an understood thing already, but on top of that, you have all that air space in the cabin, which again, works against you. No

I wouldn't seriously expect a 150 coming out of most setups until a heafty amount of acoustical treatment is done to the vehicle and/or alot of dollars dropped on electrical upgrades, which I think is what's holdin you back the most. Considering that you could feed those subs 4 times the amount of power cleanly, thats a theoretical 6db gain on its own.

What you could do, is rebuild the box ... From what I saw and recalled everything was louder than hell the way you have/had it when I was in batesville, so you've got a great template right now. But consider the alternative option of building a new box that resonates at your vehicle's most natural resonance mode instead of having an enclosure that runs for daily purposes. Anyways, making a fart box, is what I'm getting at. The increase of efficiency provided by the narrower passband of the enclosure should raise your deebeez by ... well... idk by how much exactly, but I've seen it rise as much as 7db. If this doesnt appeal to you though (which is understandable), then there are the other options...
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 am

150 isn't that hard to get if it is in the right vehicle, I was hitting a 148.5 on my s10 with just 2 12's and right before I sold it, I was about to put two 15's in it and watch it hit 150's all day long. The box will almost always make or break you!!!!
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:38 am

well i sold my old tires and going to try buy a 250 amp alternator and go from there
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:25 am

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
150 isn't that hard to get if it is in the right vehicle, I was hitting a 148.5 on my s10 with just 2 12's and right before I sold it, I was about to put two 15's in it and watch it hit 150's all day long. The box will almost always make or break you!!!!

was that on a tl or Ac mic cuz my 2 mojo 12's were doing a 153 also but that was on an Ac mic at dbfordollars
and on term lab a 148, so yes u can do it, I had stock electrical no added stuff and only 2 Memphis 1100.1's
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 am

It did a 155.7 on ac mic and 148.5 on Termlab
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:32 pm

sealed on the dash is where it gets hard
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 am

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:

Unfortunately he's not got those 2 18's in an S10 Sad , which, obviously is significantly (acoustically/physically) different than that gigantic landboat he's driving now.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:59 am

well i went from 147.9 to 148.5 and didnt change power
Back to top Go down
MikeWilson
Veteran
Veteran
MikeWilson

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:41 pm

I'd say it was the dampening of the vehicle by the peal and seal. Less losses in the cabin.... = more deebeez.... Go you Very Happy

I'd say if you didnt have all those windows you'd be there already actually... find a way to tighten those up, or do some more peal n seal if anything... You may be able to nail that 150 without having to do electrical upgrades.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Your subs are also breaking in too. The first time you metered they were stiff as hell. Sure they could still use a bit more too. The number you are doing in that big old leaky vehicle is a very respectable number. Especially with as musical as it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: peel and seal sound deadener?   peel and seal sound deadener? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

peel and seal sound deadener?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next