ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeff Sanford
Jeff Sanford

First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:01 pm

First show scheduled for March 20 in Batesville. I would like to thank David Wall of Bass Station for stepping up and making our first show possible.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:16 pm

i think its goin to be a tradition of having the first show be with bass station in batesville lol
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Well just hope it will be warmer then last year. It was freakin COLD the last 2.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:07 pm

u think people would want to rush through it being cold but everyone just stood around
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:36 pm

kylevh21 wrote:
u think people would want to rush through it being cold but everyone just stood around

Well we kinda had too. phoenix audio did like 1000 re runs for no reason, but to actually put a little money in Jeff's pocket LMFAO. I was starting to get a little pissed off. Speaking of which. I propose a new rule. You can only have one re-run to count towards your placing. Per class if running say port and a standard class. I don't care if you guys want to stay around and let them run etra. I know it helps to cover the cost of the event and a little to the pocket, but There is no need for 10 re-runs. One re-run per vehicle allowed. Once concluded, score final. If they want to do some test runs after that its all good to me, but it would be nice to get the scores in and ready for the awards.

I know i dont wanna stand around for an extra 2 hrs for one guy or two guys to keep doing re-runs. Especially when its like 30 degrees or like the Conway show 100 degs.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:47 pm

true that i dont think phoenix audio with compete this year i havent seen them or heard from them since the last show
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Dang... i hope i can make it, Ill be leavin for florida either the 20 or 21st. Any idea on time?

for reruns. I think 2 is a good limit for reruns

Are there any new rules this year?
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Im pretty firm on my suggestion on one extra re-run. Shoot you already have 2 30 sec runs. I know it helps to have multiple re-runs from a monetary aspect, but i hate seeing "man im close so im going to keep trying till im out of money for re-runs"(especially when they think 3db is close). An extra run because you may have had something go wrong I can see. Re running more than once to try to beat another guy just causes problems and creates well crap, he beat me that re-run now I have to pay to try and take it back. Thats a potention 4 extra runs under a 2 re-run policy and i suspect more than just one would try and do it. Draggin out the event and the most part for the same results 99% of the time.

Do your prep and testing before or after the contest. Not drag the event out for a personal test session.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 pm

alot of ppl dont have proper test equipment.
My first 3 or 4 showes i had a few reruns where i changed a few things to see if i gained any. I think 2 is fair and wouldnt drag out the shows as much as one person doing 10 reruns.

ill probably be sticking to just a single run this season, since ive got good test equipment now.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Well thats kinda my point though. Im not against testing and tuning, or the extra money it can bring in to help cover lower participation events. My thing is testing and tunning would be better done after the event. So everyone doesn't have to wait 2 hours extra for results and awards. These are consests, not test and tune days.

Granted everyone doesn't have the means to do tests on a mic of any sort, but should everyone that did there homework have to set through and wait for a personal test session at an event? If there is time or jeff wants to let them run to help cover the cost or make a little change after the event is a good time to do it. Maybe even possibly a test and tune day here and there?
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:24 pm

i wish we didn't have to do our runs back to back.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Jeff Sanford

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 pm

It is to hard to keep up with who has run what if you don't do back to back runs. It would take even longer to get people to do their runs.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:54 am

is there anyway to get the numbers from this show?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!   First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Show of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1