ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Navigator in Beebe?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
craigjones806
Veteran
Veteran
craigjones806

Another Navigator in Beebe? Empty
PostSubject: Another Navigator in Beebe?   Another Navigator in Beebe? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:04 pm

I started a new build today using a 99 Navigator, but mine is nowhere near as nice as James'. The interior was pretty rough/nasty as the previous owner (my brother) has six kids. I spent the day just removing panels and cleaning 8 years of fingerprints and candy residue. I've never seen so many sucker sticks in one place.

Current plans include two Nightshade 18s with another 20 or so speakers to try to keep up with them. The 18s won't be in a tapped horn like I had in the truck, but once I get some math ironed out on this thing, I will come up with something odd ball. I'm not sure I could build a "regular" ported enclosure anymore anyway. I'm thinking a modified t-line that has some built-in adjustablity.
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: Another Navigator in Beebe?   Another Navigator in Beebe? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:35 am

sounds got man. you otta hear your old sub now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: Another Navigator in Beebe?   Another Navigator in Beebe? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 pm

bruce leroy wrote:
sounds got man. you otta hear your old sub now Very Happy

It wangs a lil now lol.

And with that truck and knowing how James does, I would do 10 cubes net tuned to 32 hz with about 160 sq inches of port, port back into the hatch with subs up. BUT honestly from what I know about the subs you have, that is the way wrong vehicle to run them in, they have a high xmax with high fs, so they naturally add gain with high tuned enclosures, 38 hz and up. So tuned low you will lose alot of headroom. Just my 2 cents, but good luck on build and in for pics and what you decide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
craigjones806
Veteran
Veteran
craigjones806

PostSubject: Re: Another Navigator in Beebe?   Another Navigator in Beebe? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Yeah, Andrew is probably right. I could never actually enjoy a couple of 18s in a Navigator. It's disgusting to think I have the "way wrong vehicle" and can't do this build. Since I should tune the Navigator to 32 Hz, but can't, I guess I'll just sell everything and quit car audio altogether. Laughing

With that out of the way, here's my real response. Anyone of you guys would build a Navi if you could buy one (running and driving) for what I have in this one (it's less than Andrew has in his alternators). Plus, I can still haul the family when I'm done, which wasn't going to happen with the F150 build.

I appreciate the input, but why be so negative all the dang time? I'm going to build this, have fun with it and enjoy the crap out of the entire process. It may not ever get done, I don't care! This is just a hobby for me, not a life goal. Once I can't have fun anymore, I really will sell everything and move on to the next automotive adventure (my 69 Cougar convertible is waiting patiently).

To help put the idea of what I enjoy (again, my reason for being around this stuff to begin with) in perspective, last weekend, I built a ported enclosure for two 8s in my truck (with 200 watts). It has some really neat detail in it with flushed subs and a kerfed port. It would probably do around a 135 at about 58 Hz. I might even take it to Poor Boyz to get a number one day. I know these are not impressive numbers for anyone on here, but I still had a great time working on it.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: Another Navigator in Beebe?   Another Navigator in Beebe? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:31 pm

My comment wasn't ment to discourage you or bring down your build just stated facts about what I know. So when this build gonna start?
Back to top Go down
craigjones806
Veteran
Veteran
craigjones806

PostSubject: Re: Another Navigator in Beebe?   Another Navigator in Beebe? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:58 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
My comment wasn't ment to discourage you or bring down your build just stated facts about what I know. So when this build gonna start?

The build has started, but I don't get much time out in the shop this time of year.

So far, the interior's out, the power wire is ran, and I have a basic ported box (built from the leftover scrap from the tapped horn that was in the F150) sitting in the rear. When I have something worth taking pictures of, I'll post them up.
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: Another Navigator in Beebe?   Another Navigator in Beebe? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 pm

i can't wait to see what you come up with. It should be for the love of it, guess that's why I am still not done with my doors.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: Another Navigator in Beebe?   Another Navigator in Beebe? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 pm

nightshade with a high fs? dont you remember i was peaking at 27hz last season with nightshades??
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: Another Navigator in Beebe?   Another Navigator in Beebe? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:59 am

Those are v1's tony and yes they have a much higher fs then the v2, and I don't even run sundown and I know that lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Navigator in Beebe?   Another Navigator in Beebe? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Navigator in Beebe?
Page 1 of 1