ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to Message Board

Go down 
+3
bruce leroy
demented
craigjones806
7 posters
AuthorMessage
craigjones806
Veteran
Veteran
craigjones806

New to Message Board Empty
PostSubject: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:47 pm

New to the board, old to car audio. I worked in the industry way back when (early to mid 90s). Just a boring High School Math teacher now, but interested in (maybe) getting back in because of the interest some of my students are showing.

I was checking out the rules post and was wondering about classes. Are they a combination of power and cone surface area or just based on power?
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:39 am

its sort of both power is all about the batteries you place in your vehicle. and the biggest part is cone area but these are the last years rules were still waiting on the administraters to post the new rules!!!!!!!! JEFF STANDFORD and BRAD thats really all there is.
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:29 pm

demented wrote:
its sort of both power is all about the batteries you place in your vehicle. and the biggest part is cone area but these are the last years rules were still waiting on the administraters to post the new rules!!!!!!!! JEFF STANDFORD and BRAD thats really all there is.
right! my new subs will be here in a few weeks and i need to know the new box rules please!
Back to top Go down
craigjones806
Veteran
Veteran
craigjones806

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Thanks for the answer demented, I'll keep checking back for rules, classes and event schedule for 2011.

How many total events were there during the 2010 season?
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:30 pm

you can expect 5-10 shows. It is a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:27 am

Welcome to here,
What part of AR are ya from?
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Welcome to the forum. It is going to be a combination of several things from what was said at the members meeting. Power, voltage, box design, and cone area to name a few. Once the new rules are posted it will answer all your questions or should. Also there are member dues which get you discounts at supported audio retailers and at the Arspl shows too.

You don't have to pay the member dues if you choose but you don't get the discounts or other goodies...just FYI.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
craigjones806
Veteran
Veteran
craigjones806

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:31 pm

I appreciate the responses I'm getting, consdering no one on here knows me yet. To answer fritosaregood, I live in the Beebe area.

As for rules, what about vehicle mods? If I get out of one hobby (racing ATVs), I might actually be able to build a purpose-built DB car. I used to be pretty close with the guys from Pure Sound in Ozark, MO (back in the day) when they built those awesome Volkswagon Rabbits and the Big Jim yellow VW Bus that was the first ride to beat the Team Gates Bronco in a dB Drag competition. I've always liked the thought of building a purpose built SPL vehicle, but it's probably just a pipe dream at this point since school teacher's don't make that much $$$.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:47 pm

On vehicle mods, it is up in the air at this point, until the rules are released I am not sure. Generally if you mod the interior other then stock that will move you up a class, but it just depends on what the rules define as "stock", "mod", and "extreme". Just as an example.
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:19 pm

If you modify your car you can almost bet you will be in the top classes. You should come to the next show and see what you think. I'm sure Jeff will have the rules ready by then.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Admin
Admin
Brad

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:42 am

Hello and welcome. The last time I talked to Jeff, the rules weren't finalized. There has been a lot of discussion, but I don't think he has decided which way he wants to go yet. As soon as they are finalized, I am sure he will post them up here. From what I have heard, you can probably expect one show per month, and then a finals sometime in the 4th quarter of 2011.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Brad wrote:
Hello and welcome. The last time I talked to Jeff, the rules weren't finalized. There has been a lot of discussion, but I don't think he has decided which way he wants to go yet. As soon as they are finalized, I am sure he will post them up here. From what I have heard, you can probably expect one show per month, and then a finals sometime in the 4th quarter of 2011.

My vote is to have finals in Jonesboro and see if we can't make that spot like it used to be a few years back, jonesboro shows for some reason were tons of fun.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Admin
Admin
Brad

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 1:41 pm

Jonesboro shows really were a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Message Board   New to Message Board Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Message Board
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARKANSAS SPL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: