ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Little help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

Little help Empty
PostSubject: Little help   Little help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:20 pm

Little help A2bf6df4

Little help 0f94a168

Little help 045fa936

I know my pics suck but not the point, this is what I have to work with need help on what size port to do and how long let's see sone of u big box builders help out, port can go on the top where it is 14"x38" port can only be 7"x33 max and 19" length but u tell me what size I need for a tuning in upper 50's or something to use as a burped thanks ask questions if needed(that pertain to box in a helping manner)
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

Little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help   Little help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:32 pm

20-25 sq inchs of port per cubic foot, 15" long
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

Little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help   Little help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:37 pm

No room for that much most is like 18" per and If so is it best to relocate port to back plate on the 25" side cuz I can
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

Little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help   Little help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:31 pm

jonatan wrote:
No room for that much most is like 18" per and If so is it best to relocate port to back plate on the 25" side cuz I can

Hard to tell you anything really considering we don't know the sub, what its going in or the location in said vehicle.

The woofer will tell us what net you actually need to use. The the port area will be off the net airspace and desired response type. You will want large as rob said for a burp box. Also the woofer would be nice to know for how it will react to said port area. Leaving use to our last thing the vehicle and placement of enclosure so we can then get tune optimal for vehicle and desired frequency response.

Last edited by James Reed on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

Little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help   Little help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:34 pm

So ask lol, dd9518's in a 4runner behind rear seats
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

Little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help   Little help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:37 pm

I would start at least 6 net per with 240 sq.in of port for a burp machine. If it is going in the cargo area of that vehicle upper 50s is way too high on tune for it. What amp will be used? If its not a big amp more going larger on enclosure will make it more efficient.
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

Little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help   Little help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:42 pm

If u look at what I gave as measurements that will tell u the qft and how long will port be I have the port area down just not length I'm thinking from 15"-19"
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

Little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help   Little help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:43 pm

Plus I can do that much port area on top plate so seal it up and cut port else where? Where would be best for port to be
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

Little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help   Little help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:47 pm

yes your measurements will give me airspace, but Gross. To figure net and be able to figure the actual sq.in of port. allowing me to be able to figure tune I first have to take away the driver displacement, any bracing and port displacement. Then you have your net which you can figure your port area off and also the port length which will tune your FB.

You also didn't say where this will be located. You said this is for burping. If it is in the rear cargo area upper 50s is too high. Hell 50s period is probably too high of a tune. Im sure if in cargo area it will should peak somewhere in the mid 40Hz range for vehicle resonance.
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

Little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help   Little help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:50 pm

50's is to high??? Yea I told u where and what, and yes I know net air I need most help with port length and where it would be best on box
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Little help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help   Little help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARKANSAS SPL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: