ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is aq making new subs?

Go down 
+3
AMI CUSTOMS
rob t
bruce leroy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

is aq making new subs? Empty
PostSubject: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:06 pm

is aq making new subs? Aq18d1back
is aq making new subs? Aq18d1front
is aq making new subs? Aq15d1front
is dj gonna change the aq subs? anyone heard this of yet? just wondering because i might have to wait if he changes his lower line up. top 2 is a 18 and bottom 15.
supposedly these are the new prototypes.
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:08 pm

good looking sub
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Where you hear this from, I think you have some wrong info.

Okay those are sdc, cuz the hdc uses the same basket as the dd 9500 and they don't look like that, and those look just like the old line of the sdc to me.

And you are waiting anyway, what you mean might have to wait, LOL.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Talk to aq then, that would be the better person to ask then a bunch ass hats on that other forum. LOL
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:13 am

they look nice
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:19 am

those are new DJ is real easy to talk to, give him a call he will tell you whats up. i need to send my hd3 15s in for a upgrade. bottom one has carbon fiber cone. DJ will build custom setups for you if thats what you need.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:22 am

Tha Pope wrote:
those are new DJ is real easy to talk to, give him a call he will tell you whats up. i need to send my hd3 15s in for a upgrade. bottom one has carbon fiber cone. DJ will build custom setups for you if thats what you need.

All of them have a carbon LOOK. That bottom one looks stock. Is it actually real carbon? Hard to tell from a pic. I would really it if it was really carbon. I would have a hard time not getting them with real carbon Smile they are sweet already. My 12s are rockin.
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:34 am

actually he offers a kevlar weave( just like DDs). i didnt mean carbon. my bad.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:36 am

AWWWW..... Your a tease. I even had a semi. I was about to start ordering up lmfao
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:14 am

yes andrew i am waiting on getting new subs. you know why lutz
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:57 am

I may have to look into this tomorrow....LOL

The magnet on these look smaller then the hdc3's I wonder if these are better or a lower line?
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:05 am

andrew you cant go by magnet size, you can have a huge magnet with a poorly designed pole piece and it wont have the same strenth as a smaller one that is designed correctly.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:16 am

Tha Pope wrote:
andrew you cant go by magnet size, you can have a huge magnet with a poorly designed pole piece and it wont have the same strenth as a smaller one that is designed correctly.

True, in my mind I was just comparing the sdc and hdc3 they look the same except for the magnet and basket.
Back to top Go down
Tha Pope
Veteran
Veteran
Tha Pope

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:23 am

plus magnet strenth doesnt = high spl. the original hd3 subs have stronger magnets than the hdc series and the hdc's put out slightly more SPL in certain boxes.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm

Oh my goodness, just got off the phone with DJ, and they are in fact going to be releasing this in about 3-4 months, it is a huge upgrade over the HDC3, this new woorfer, features

4 inch voicecoil, only in alum dual 1
65-70 lb motor(he wasn't sure exactly), much larger then the hdc3 line <<<<DJ's words
offered in 10, 12, 15 and 18
6 spider config just like the HDC3
There WILL NOT be a exchange program, so he suggested sell your current woofers and just get these.
They will handle quite a bit more then the HDC3

So looks like we will have a stronger SPL sub, I just may have to check these out in a few months.
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:28 pm

And with it being AQ you know the price will be right
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:58 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
Oh my goodness, just got off the phone with DJ, and they are in fact going to be releasing this in about 3-4 months, it is a huge upgrade over the HDC3, this new woorfer, features

4 inch voicecoil, only in alum dual 1
65-70 lb motor(he wasn't sure exactly), much larger then the hdc3 line <<<<DJ's words
offered in 10, 12, 15 and 18
6 spider config just like the HDC3
There WILL NOT be a exchange program, so he suggested sell your current woofers and just get these.
They will handle quite a bit more then the HDC3

So looks like we will have a stronger SPL sub, I just may have to check these out in a few months.

with the 4inch coil, its more suited for a groundpounder than a spl sub.
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 7:53 pm

i'm gonna call tomorrow and see if he is redoing the sdc's.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:01 pm

bruce leroy wrote:
i'm gonna call tomorrow and see if he is redoing the sdc's.

It sounded like to me this is going to be an addition to what they already carry, he didn't say they were replacing the HDC3, but I didn't ask that either.
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:14 pm

i know they used to carry something below the sdc line also around 300 rms. just wondering if he is gonna make new models of them all. i'll call tomorrow and find out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is aq making new subs?   is aq making new subs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is aq making new subs?
Page 1 of 1