ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

whatcha think of this sub?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

whatcha think of this sub? Empty
PostSubject: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:47 pm

i ran one of the d2s when i started out in arspl.

they do great for lows and music. pretty good on spl too, i managed a 150 out of one on 3k before i really knew what box positioning my car liked.

there are some vids on my youtube of them
https://www.youtube.com/user/fritosaregood
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:22 am

fritosaregood wrote:

they do great for lows and music. pretty good on spl too, i managed a 150 out of one on 3k before i really knew what box positioning my car liked.

I never saw close to a 150 with that sub from you. Not last year. You run them with the alt and new amps in private testing?
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:23 am

bruce leroy wrote:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-642
can haz for 330 shipped for quad 4 1 ohm.

For that money there is still better IMO out there, AQ being one for SPL. If your looking for SQ it would be a good peice.

Last edited by James Reed on Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:26 am

DC FTW!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:28 am

jonatan wrote:
DC FTW!!!!!!!!!

That will get her done too!
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:46 am

James Reed wrote:
fritosaregood wrote:

I never saw close to a 150 with that sub from you. Not last year. You run them with the alt and new amps in private testing?

it was always the same alt and amps. It was one i had in for a bit while i was playing with the mojos and right before i had my 18, but when never had any comps then.

the score
whatcha think of this sub? Test2kickdriveropen

and box

whatcha think of this sub? P310311
whatcha think of this sub? PC310308
whatcha think of this sub? PC310314
whatcha think of this sub? P1030316

i thought i posted it up on here sometime

just put up a vid too

Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:48 am

cool deal. Yeah i never did get to see that box.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:58 am

funny story about it, i sold it to a guy, and when i installed it for him i found a piece of wood lying around, covered it in carpet and wedged it in between the box and back of the car to give space for the ports to breath. then about a month later he gets rear ended and that little piece of scrap wood saved the box and absorbed all the crash energy. scrap wood dead, but the box was still good as new.

i also heard it one day in a parking lot and thought, man, someone has a really good sounding system. and when i looked for who was playin i saw it was him with my old box and sub, hah

if your looking for sq i would reccomend this sub. but for dbs.. there are better
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:48 am

yeah i'm thinking of something else. also have been looking at dc lvl 3 12's, sundown sa12's,and some audioque. just need to sell my subs first.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:55 pm

bruce leroy wrote:
yeah i'm thinking of something else. also have been looking at dc lvl 3 12's, sundown sa12's,and some audioque. just need to sell my subs first.

none of those subs really compare to the axis in power handling, they may be more efficient though
600rms rating vs a 2500rms rating. the site says 1000rms now, i forgot why they had to change it. but mine was on 3k all the time,
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 2:55 pm

fritosaregood wrote:
bruce leroy wrote:

none of those subs really compare to the axis in power handling, they may be more efficient though
600rms rating vs a 2500rms rating. the site says 1000rms now, i forgot why they had to change it. but mine was on 3k all the time,

the AQHDC3 with aluminum coils will handle 2k a sub daily with clean power. Many guys run a single one of them on a AQ3500d which is 4300rms and other comparable amps to one sub for comp with no problems. They are very strong.

The question would be what power do you have, enclosure volume, where it will be placed and your actual goal. Are you wanting SPL only or a daily pounder? Then you can really narrow the list down.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:26 pm

James Reed wrote:
fritosaregood wrote:
bruce leroy wrote:

the AQHDC3 with aluminum coils will handle 2k a sub daily with clean power. Many guys run a single one of them on a AQ3500d which is 4300rms and other comparable amps to one sub for comp with no problems. They are very strong.

The question would be what power do you have, enclosure volume, where it will be placed and your actual goal. Are you wanting SPL only or a daily pounder? Then you can really narrow the list down.

i was assuming he is talking about the aq sdc2.5 since all the other brand subs mentioned were 600rms.
Back to top Go down
James Reed
Pro
Pro
James Reed

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Yeah not sure. The HDC3 would be right at the same price that axis was in the 3 range and why i suggested AQ. They are BAD ASS too Smile Mine are working good....lol oops Embarassed
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:36 pm

nah i'm thinking of replacing my 2 brutus subs with another pair of 12's. i'll probably doubling my power later to around 3 k. i talked to jacob and he said he burped a sa-12 on 4 k, so i'm searching.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 3:20 am

bruce leroy wrote:
nah i'm thinking of replacing my 2 brutus subs with another pair of 12's. i'll probably doubling my power later to around 3 k. i talked to jacob and he said he burped a sa-12 on 4 k, so i'm searching.

his burp boxes are far from a musical box. 4k in a music box might be ripping the subs apart, if you dont cook the coil
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 3:21 am

Ill have a guy at finals with some sa 12s, if you wanna hear them before you make a decision.
or you could do the Z 12s
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 3:03 am

bruce leroy wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220640744557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
shit or no?

eh.. looks good, I just dont like that company
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whatcha think of this sub?   whatcha think of this sub? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whatcha think of this sub?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARKANSAS SPL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: