ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need to know

Go down 
+2
rob t
demented
6 posters
AuthorMessage
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:07 am

does anyone know exactly how the termlab works. i know its suppose to read the pressure level from one point in time to another. im looking to find out what makes the pressure level change.
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:37 am

that is a good question
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:06 pm

My guess is there are two sensors inside that box that read based on pressure, one reads vertical pressure and one horizontal pressure then the on broad circuit does an average between them. Just a guess, that is the only way I can explain the delay, some didn't program the timer on the circuit right or fast enough, that is what causes the lag.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:36 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
My guess is there are two sensors inside that box that read based on pressure, one reads vertical pressure and one horizontal pressure then the on broad circuit does an average between them. Just a guess, that is the only way I can explain the delay, some didn't program the timer on the circuit right or fast enough, that is what causes the lag.

you can adjust the delay.

the only reason the delay is slow is because it checks 256 frequencies.
you can adjust it to go 2x faster and it only checks up to 128 hz, or to 4x and it only checks up to 64 hz.

i think i read about some meter being kind of like a microphone. it has a small diaphram in it that vibrates from the pressure, and that will tell how much pressure based on how much it moves, and also the frequency it does it at
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:50 pm

It is a linear meter, so it doesn't have a diaphram, all diaphram based mics are NON linear. It is slow do to microprocessor timing, it will still have a lag at the 64 hz filter.

Note: If I could see the inside of one of the termlabs I could tell you in a few seconds how it does what it does, but it voids the warranty if you open it up.

Edit: It more then likely has something to this affect inside the sensor box. http://www.allsensors.com/pdfs/PC-0001_Rev_C1.pdf
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Google it
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:53 pm

kylevh21 wrote:
Google it

It doesn't give you the internal spec of how it works...
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:46 pm

it is like a slot machine, it just gives you a random number lol
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Call Wayne Harris Wink
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 pm

jonatan wrote:
Call Wayne Harris Wink

Like he is gonna give away the secret of how it works, it says patent pending on the meter, meaning if you figure it out you could make your own meter call it something else and market and sell it. Once he has the patent approved if you did that he could sue you. I doubt he will give any info on how it does what it does.
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:33 pm

He might not give it all away but could tell u what meter likes
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:11 pm

he could explain it without giving away to much info on how it works
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:43 am

humm i have more research to do one this thanks for all your input guys once i find out what im looking for ill let you guys know.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:14 am

homemade termlab ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need to know  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need to know    need to know  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need to know
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARKANSAS SPL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: