ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

just an idea

Go down 
+4
jonatan
fritosaregood
rob t
demented
8 posters
AuthorMessage
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:16 pm

i overheard the quys at hotwire talking about us scaring away guys by doing demos before the show. im not trying to tell off or be a big mouth but i was thinking. that maybe if the store would like to introduce a local comp along with are regular guys cuase it seems more and more that everyone is becoming a team which is great. and demos are great and bring in crowd to the shops but were also here to bring more ppl in. so just a thought id like some insight on.
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:30 pm

alot of people don't think it's worth 25 buck to run becasue they think they are not going to do well.
Back to top Go down
fritosaregood
Pro
Pro
fritosaregood

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:45 pm

i know i heard a few ppl talking about theres couldnt even compete after one of my demos.

ppl are scared, hah

next time ill try not to demo.
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:09 pm

I don't think not doing demos is going to help that and I'm not just saying that so I can demo lol, ppl are still going to be scared regardless I was one of them years ago lol, I us as members should look around and see who's all there and if they are there to compete before we do our runs and demos and talk to them specially if it's their first time tell them how it all works that's just what I think,
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:12 pm

alot of people start to talk when or I should say after a demo (you can't even hear yourself talk when a demo is going on lol) I think us being nice is the best thing to do
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:52 pm

I think I know what demented is trying to say, have a class for locals since a lot of new runners will be intimidated with us coming to town like back in the day when TEAM DEAF WISH and others rolled up lots of ppl wouldn't even run, I know all they had to do was try an get better but they never tried I would hate to do this to others
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:54 pm

I see a Members meeting coming bounce
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:22 am

TEAM ARSPL,,,,,,ANYONE ELSE WANT IN, WE SHOULD BE THE ELITE ONE IN THE GROUP!!!! Just my 2 cents, CLUB 150+
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:24 am

I noticed that when I got there, that Tony was demoing and people were freaked out by his car, and I was thinking, shit wait til you hear mine and Jonatan's truck....LOL....But one guy I asked, if he was gonna to run and he said, I can win against that, and pointed to Tonys car....I didn't really know what to say back to him. So I know what Tubbs is sayin, makes sense, TEAM ARSPL!!!! FTW!!!!
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:07 am

i guess they didnt understand we have different classes
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:19 am

arspl home of the loudest known vehicles in arkansas
Back to top Go down
demented
Veteran
Veteran
demented

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:55 am

im not sure what i was trying to say but i do think telling the shop that if they would like to have a local comp class just for the guys they know in town and having most of us( you most of the time im working) give pointers and try to bring them in. lots of ppl like demos and lots of ppl dont like to pay for something they dont understand or may be scared of cause as rob said why pay when i know i cant compete. but even with a new local class it would be more on the hosting shop to inspire more ppl to show. and well i guess thing is ive got in mind is the local shop print out pieces of paper with congrats your first in local comp 000-000 and if their in that class let them run for a lower price or perhaps maybe even free just to get the comp spirit moving and the good feeling flowing cause i know when i win and know i have beating someone that is interested in something im interested in it makes me feel good and i want to celebrate. and you guys have a lot of good aspects on the situation. i also thank you for your input on this.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:34 am

I don't think Jeff would do free but they shouldn't be scared if they knew what classes they would be in or just put them in 251-500 noone has been in that. Class all year
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:41 am

kylevh21 wrote:
I don't think Jeff would do free but they shouldn't be scared if they knew what classes they would be in or just put them in 251-500 noone has been in that. Class all year

Mike will be, and he is going to the ft smith show, just fyi. And his truck makes some noise, I have metered it.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Admin
Admin
Brad

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:25 am

Might I suggest a brief meeting before each competition for 1st timers and those unfamiliar with the format of the competition.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:32 am

meeting sounds great to me
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Jeff Sanford

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Brad wrote:
Might I suggest a brief meeting before each competition for 1st timers and those unfamiliar with the format of the competition.

This will start at the Fort Smith Show.
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:04 pm

Doesn't have to be a meeting but should announce how it all is going down and such
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Jeff Sanford

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Just like in racing they have a drivers meeting. We will call it a competitor meeting, but if you already compete and know what is going on you don't have to attend.
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:42 pm

im sure fort smith wont back out
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:38 pm

I think it is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
jonatan
Pro
Pro
jonatan

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:21 am

Great idea
Back to top Go down
kylevh21
Pro
Pro
kylevh21

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:18 am

thats the only kind i have lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

just an idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: just an idea   just an idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just an idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARKANSAS SPL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: