ARKANSAS SPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARKANSAS SPL

MORE THAN JUST CAR AUDIO!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need someone to help me build a box please.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

need someone to help me build a box please. Empty
PostSubject: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:03 am

since i suck at building boxes,lol and have no saws. this is what was recommended for a box for my brutus 12's.
3ft by 2 ft by 14.5 tall its 5.8cf total

The box should be 14.5" tall x 36" wide x 24" deep.
The port should be 13" tall x 4.5" wide x 19.3" long

Please use 3/4" MDF for construction of the port and enclosure.

This enclosure is tuned to 38Hz with a 3dB down point of 32Hz.

the port goes between the subs on the 14.5" face.
anyone want to make some extra cash and help me with this? some tweaking on the dim may have to be changed around due to space in the back of my frontier
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:15 am

i can do it, just let me know when you want to meet up.
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:39 am

hey i don't have 24 inches in depth so it will have to be wider. can you figure the diiference? maybe wed afternoon if you can or saturday. lmk.^
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:44 am

have only 17-18 inches of depth ,52 inches wide, and like 24inches tall or so so i don't make it into a wall to play with
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:10 pm

yea i can resize it and keep the cubic feet of the box and port the same. saturday will work for me
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:42 pm

ok cool, you want to come over here or do i need to go to your place. if so send me your phone and add
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:27 pm

i will have all the tools over at my place so it will be better if you could swing by here. my phone number is 501-230-7909. i live at 5 mins from searcy on the judsonia side.
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:35 pm

ok i'll give ya a call later in the week
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:27 pm

I can hook you up if Rob is too far for you. It is just Rob can get to you a little sooner. Either one of us can build you what you want.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ami-customs.com
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:48 pm

closer would be better. dude from sicaudio said that box plan should put up some good numbers with my subs. he said my 4 cube is too small.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:22 pm

bruce leroy wrote:
closer would be better. dude from sicaudio said that box plan should put up some good numbers with my subs. he said my 4 cube is too small.

What model number are they? And you want SPL or daily?? Or a little of both? And how much power on them and what vehicle they going in?
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:27 pm

are you going to want the box wrapped?
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:19 pm

AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
bruce leroy wrote:

What model number are they? And you want SPL or daily?? Or a little of both? And how much power on them and what vehicle they going in?
http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/hifonics/pdfs/08%20Brutus%20Subwoofer%20Manual.pdf
square 12's. probably more spl. i listen to mostly metal but like to put in some bass mekanik every once in a while. i' m thinking of just painting it or carpet. just don't know yet. thanks for all of your help guys. oh 1500 watts rms are going to the pair in a 05 extended nissan frontier
also this is what he metered at if i had more power with the same box size he quoted me"i was doing 151 with 2400 watts in a trunk car with that box and subs

i would guess in a hatch at least 147 a trunk 143 maybe more

most systems you hear that seem loud dont meter loud and are really only closer to 130-135"
Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:33 pm

just holler if you want me to do it.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:45 pm

What that on a termlab meter? Seems high to me, but you never know. That 151 seems high.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:28 pm

bruce leroy wrote:
AMI CUSTOMS wrote:
bruce leroy wrote:

http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/hifonics/pdfs/08%20Brutus%20Subwoofer%20Manual.pdf
square 12's. probably more spl. i listen to mostly metal but like to put in some bass mekanik every once in a while. i' m thinking of just painting it or carpet. just don't know yet. thanks for all of your help guys. oh 1500 watts rms are going to the pair in a 05 extended nissan frontier
also this is what he metered at if i had more power with the same box size he quoted me"i was doing 151 with 2400 watts in a trunk car with that box and subs

i would guess in a hatch at least 147 a trunk 143 maybe more

most systems you hear that seem loud dont meter loud and are really only closer to 130-135"

Then if that is the case I would tune them closer to 45 hz for SPL, and your 38 hz, that will get you somewhere in between, your call. The higher you tune it the crappier it will sound with rock and rap.
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:15 pm

what do you all think? my box is tuned to 35 hz now. will going to 38 make a big difference? also i'll probably get you to help with this since you are alot closer^. send me your phone number and then let me know what i need to get. i know you can't get to it for a couple of weeks. that is fine.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:56 pm

bruce leroy wrote:
what do you all think? my box is tuned to 35 hz now. will going to 38 make a big difference? also i'll probably get you to help with this since you are alot closer^. send me your phone number and then let me know what i need to get. i know you can't get to it for a couple of weeks. that is fine.

Number is in my sig....
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

thanks andrew. box is gonna be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:08 pm

need someone to help me build a box please. Respon10

Here is a comparison in free air between my box and mike's, now these are two completely different setups but just to give you an idea of how square subs behave for SPL. Both boxes are tuned to the vehicles peak.
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:29 pm

we are gonna build this tomorrow. hopefully will post pics.
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Already started......

need someone to help me build a box please. Index
Back to top Go down
bruce leroy
Pro
Pro
bruce leroy

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:13 pm

box almost done. will be done without carpet tomorrow. i have to get some more caulk
Back to top Go down
AMI CUSTOMS
AMI CUSTOMS

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Here is some pics

Back to top Go down
rob t
Pro
Pro
rob t

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:18 pm

what kind of wood is that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need someone to help me build a box please.   need someone to help me build a box please. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need someone to help me build a box please.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next